Gransnet forums

Travel

Coach Tour in Italy

(5 Posts)
overthehill Thu 26-May-11 16:03:51

We took a trip to Italy last year with included coach trips out most days round the Lake Garda area. It was the first time we had a holiday like that.

We loved it and would recommend it for people of our age. We are going again this year to a different part of Italy.

They picked us up from the Airport delivered us at the lovely hotel with balcony overlooking the mountains. Lake Garda which is beautiful was a 10 min walk away.

We were taken out to the Dolomite mountains, round Lake Garda, Venice and Verona.

The food was excellent and the coach drivers very skilful at driving up tricky mountain passes.

GrannyTunnocks Thu 26-May-11 18:48:33

Sounds wonderful

nannym Mon 30-May-11 09:55:52

We are going to Lake Garda in July. overthehill how long did it take you to get to Venice? DH and I are hoping to go there during our stay.

em Tue 31-May-11 00:15:02

Lake Garda is lovely. If you're on the eastern side of the lake, Venice is an hour away - longer if you are on the western side. Ferries scoot to and fro across the lake pretty frequently, so all the little towns are accessible. Be sure to visit Malcesine and take the cable car to the top of Monte Baldo! Venice is ok but very hectic on a day-trip. I enjoyed it so much that next time we went to Italy we had a 3day stop in Venice before heading to Lake Garda. Have a wonderful holiday.

nannym Tue 31-May-11 18:29:56

Thank you em Really helpful tips. I can hardly believe we are actually going as in the past DH has always booked beach-style holidays in Greece, and while I loved them I really want to explore more of Europe. Hopefully this will be the first of many.