Gransnet forums

Travel

Holiday with mum aged 90 - help please

(5 Posts)
glassortwo Wed 27-Jul-11 16:50:15

Pleased you got sorted grrrranny it always seems more expensive to stay at home rather than go abroad, hope you and your Mum enjoy your little break away together. smile

grrrranny Wed 27-Jul-11 16:14:58

Just to let you know glassortwo that I found somewhere suitable by trawling. I could almost go on a cruise for the same amount of money but never mind. Just have to save hard through August to pay for it.
Thanks again

grrrranny Tue 26-Jul-11 12:28:20

Thank you glassortwo. A couple of sites there I haven't tried - didn't know about National Trust one or cottages4you so will trawl through them. I think you are right. I'll have to forget B&B and go for this option. Thanks for taking the time to help.

glassortwo Tue 26-Jul-11 08:57:40

grrrranny I have used alot of these companys and they allow you to put in your criteria so it narrows your search, a cottage allows you more flexbility not being tied into any meal times etc.

I have not tried the norfolk cottages but it may be of some use to you.

www.english-country-cottages.co.uk
www.cottages4you.co.uk
www.nationaltrustcottages.co.uk
www.norfolkcottages.co.uk

Hope these are useful.

grrrranny Mon 25-Jul-11 18:43:18

Hi - I have only just joined gransnet and this is my first post but I would really appreciate help. I want to take my mother who is 90 to the Norfolk or Suffolk coast for about 3 or 4 days in September. In theory that should be easy but - she doesn't eat much (after abdominal surgery last year) so anything including 'full English breakfast' is a waste of money. Need two rooms (she doens't sleep much and I do!) Mum can do some stairs but won't go in lifts. So I kind of need either B&B with not much B in the morning or a reasonably priced 'cottage'. Have spent hours on internet and looking at brochures but anything that looks ok - clean, warm, not miles from the sea is beyond our budget.

Any ideas/recommendations would be a great help as I am beginning to despair and feel a bit sick as I told her I would arrange something and I am failing!