Gransnet forums

Travel

Vouchers? has anyone ever used the vouchers in the newspapers ?

(7 Posts)
bikergran Sat 07-Jan-12 14:43:00

ok thanks all...smile

Carol Sat 07-Jan-12 14:15:03

We used them once, years ago, and went to a Haven site near Caister. The pine lodges we had were at the back of the camp, so we always had quite a walk to get to the food and entertainment. We had to take our own bedding. However, we were right on the perimeter where the camp met the beach, went walking there every day, searching for amber and watching the seals frolicking. The swimming pool and gym were free, as was evening entertainment. For six of us, it was an absolute bargain and the children loved that holiday.

Annobel Sat 07-Jan-12 13:55:09

My DiL, who was leading a school ski trip during the February half term, sweet-talked builders working at the school into saving vouchers from the Sun for her. With these, DS1 and I, with two GC, went to a static caravan in Dorset for half term. It was absolutely freezing! The van was not insulated, being mainly used in summer. However, DS managed to find a source of extra blankets and we ended up quite cosy. But never again!

nanamacatj Sat 07-Jan-12 13:40:05

My DD has been on holiday three times with this scheme, twice to Butlins and once to a Haven site, and has thoroughly enjoyed them. At the time she had two pre-school children so wasn't restricted by dates. She now has 6 month old twins as well so I think holidays are off this year.smile

glammanana Fri 06-Jan-12 23:36:35

Hi biker DDs friend went on holiday with vouchers from Daily Newspaper last year they went to a holiday park/camp with all entertainment for the little ones and good entertainment in the evenings for the adults,it was not expensive,they took a lot of daily food stuffs in their car so they didn't have a lot to spend out on whilst they where there.look at the advert where you are interested in and google the site/park for a better look at facilities.

glassortwo Fri 06-Jan-12 23:06:26

biker some of the girls I worked with used the vouchers to take their children away last year on caravan holidays. I dont know what other forms of accommodation are available but they were pleased with the accommodation and site they were on, fantastic for the children as so much to occupy them.

bikergran Fri 06-Jan-12 22:01:10

I never have but then I don't buy newspapers....they advertise cheap very cheap! holidays..with te tokens...wondering if any has used them to take granchildren away?