Gransnet forums


French Holiday Rental Insurance

(1 Post)
6babymaker Fri 16-Mar-12 12:37:35

We are renting an apartment in France for a two week holiday. We have arranged it directly over the internet. The owners are requesting a certificate of insurance 'voyage villegiature' when we arrive. This is to cover any damage caused by fire or water. I think it is, for example, in case we burn the place with candles or leave the taps running. We cannot find a company in this country who will arrange this. I am now trying to find a company in France. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did they deal with it? Thanks.