number I would have expected that too except there is absolutely no logic to the ticketing/cost system. It might even be cheaper to buy an advanced fare to Newcastle and the cheapy day return to Darlington on the day. The system is designed by and for the railway companies. As far as passengers are concerned – devil take the hindmost.
glass I can hardly sail fly off to New Zealand leaving Mr absent behind … or could I? No, someone has to help carry my 46 kg of luggage, plus the inflight bag.
There are a number of companies that will try to offer you the lowest fare, among them the aforementioned Trainline as well as Raileasy and Red spotted hanky. When I go from Manchester to Dundee I usually get a return first class fare at or below £60 if I book at least a month ahead - Transpennine line.
I am up at the house so just having a quick peek. Absent I am pleasedMr A is with you as Gilly and I cant come ti London to make sure yo dont end up in Aberdeen
absent don't worry if you get the wrong train you may end up in Liverpool and we can have a day together as I can't manage to do any meet-ups at the moment enjoy your day everyone
glass I have managed to get all sorts of good deals to and from London at various times. Unfortunately this time, I didn't know until recently what day or time would be okay (it all depends on the removal men). I shall try not to lose my ticket or get on the wrong train.
absent the Tickets Are released in Blocks, you need to be in as soon as they Are available to get the cheap Tickets. The released go up to end of June so Offers for beg of May will have long gone. My sister managed to get a rturn from London for £24.
number Sorry you can't make the Glad to See the Back of You absent lunch next week. Train fares are a complete mystery. I have just booked our tickets to London from Darlington (near Newcastle) and the cheapest available were £35.75. No £15 fares here – they are probably at some completely hopeless time of day when no one wants to travel.
Try Trainline, they have good offers, I managed to get from Morecambe to Stevenage in Hertfordshire for £20, the fare otherwise would be £84 single. I also manged - for the same trip =- to get to Wolverhampton from Stevenage single for £12. Great savings as long as you book 12 weeks beforehand.
What I`d like to know is, why is it so much cheaper to travel from London to,say, Newcastle, than it is to go from here, Boston, to Newcastle? It`s being advertised at the moment that from London to Newcastle is £15 each way, but from here it`s about £47 or £49 return, it`s just not fair(no pun intended!) And it`s preventing me going to GN meet ups!