Gransnet forums

Travel

Rejuvenated.

(9 Posts)
rubylady Thu 05-Feb-15 04:13:38

Well, I had a few days break last weekend. I have come back and my DS seemed to have missed me so is behaving for the time being. I am also fired back up to carry on decorating etc on our new house.

What does a break or holiday do for you?

absent Thu 05-Feb-15 05:27:03

I haven't had a break recently but I am very pleased to hear that yours is making you feel so positive. More power to your elbow!

Jane10 Thu 05-Feb-15 08:30:00

Yes a change can be lovely. I usually end up appreciating my own house more. East West hame's best!

soontobe Thu 05-Feb-15 08:30:21

It clears my head. Which takes a 3 day break.

soontobe Thu 05-Feb-15 08:31:52

I should say it doesnt matter where I go either. Anything further than about 20 miles, and it is still a break.

gillybob Thu 05-Feb-15 08:43:07

Good for you rubylady little breaks can do you the world of good can't they? I'm glad it's fired you back up to finish the decorating and had a positive impact on DS too. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. So all in all it was really worthwhile for you wasn't it? smile

Brahaspatinda Fri 06-Feb-15 15:51:01

In my pre-Gran days, but with 50 round the corner, I went on holiday and within a year ran away from home! I went to live in Sri Lanka for 6 months that turned into 6 years and it completely changed my career, my outlook and my confidence. Obviously it's harder if married but if anyone single out there is hesitating, I'd say "Go for it!". It's what my son said to me and I haven't regretted it once. Good luck...

annodomini Fri 06-Feb-15 16:41:30

Depends on the break. My recent four days in Rome fired my imagination and gave me mental pictures that will never go away. And exhausted me as I was also taking a break from flu, living on adrenaline.

janerowena Fri 06-Feb-15 17:35:51

Breaks knacker me completely. I think it's down to DBH, who is determined to fill every second of the day. I swear he's an American in disguise.' It's 10am, therefore we should be in the Louvre.' Run around, no chance to study anything thoroughly. '12am, we should be at the Tuileries by now! Get a move on!' I would be happy with one big outing a day, he tries to fit in two or three.

I need a holiday when we get back.