Gransnet forums

Travel

Kracow

(9 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Tue 19-Jan-16 05:25:26

I'm 60 in October and want to go to Kracow, I'm looking for a single person type holiday but going with a group but can't seem to find anything . I'm hopeless at travelling alone so would need company . Anyone know of a group that's going ?

Alima Tue 19-Jan-16 07:41:10

One traveller.co.uk do a tour to Kracow and the Tatras. I have not been with them but have just done a Google. We went to Kracow on a Leger tour which was brilliant. Kracow is beautiful and well worth visiting.

Gagagran Tue 19-Jan-16 07:49:20

My eldest DGD is going with school in March but I don't think they would allow a Gran to go too!

Jayh Tue 19-Jan-16 09:41:03

I went with Riviera Travel. They organise everything and the group was a mix of single travellers and couples.

whitewave Tue 19-Jan-16 10:45:03

Yes, you'd be fine with Riviera. We have travelled with them and there is always single people. I made friends last time with a very elderly lady with glorious personality a wicked sense of humour and extremely intelligent. Could have listened to her all day.

Stansgran Tue 19-Jan-16 15:57:41

I travelled with a friend with Riviera as a single person. We teamed up with other singles for meals and outings which were not included on the tour.

tiredoldwoman Tue 19-Jan-16 17:11:21

Thanks everyone , will look at Riviera .

ooma Thu 28-Jan-16 12:23:48

Hi Why don't you join Women Welcome Women World Wide (5W). It is for Women who want to travel around, they can stay with members or just meet up with them and be shown their home town, also it is a way of meeting potential travel companions.

As I finish writing this I am off to meet our local 5W group in Manchester where we swop travelling tips and ideas.

Another way of finding travel companions is through a group called Thelma and Louise.

tiredoldwoman Thu 28-Jan-16 13:17:25

Thanks for these ideas - I've never heard of either of these . Sounds rather exciting !