Gransnet forums

Travel

Good news!

(12 Posts)
rubylady Sat 09-Apr-16 16:24:03

Well, in the midst of infections, rashes, temperature, cough, I got a letter today saying that I am eligible for the Enhanced rate for mobility of my PIP claim meaning I can now look for a car and try and get out a bit more. I can look for a doggie carrier which goes over the seat and enables small dogs to see out of the window, she will love it. It has an harness too, so nice and safe.

Does anyone else have a motibility car? Can you order one in the colour of your own choice? Can the seats be adjusted as I can't sit low down?

I know I need to go to the dealers but I'm not up to it yet but slightly excited, even if it means taking the doggie out for a drive and stop us both staying in all the time. Slowly does it, I've not drove for a long time so one stage at a time. Probably do some refresh lessons.

My DS has already told me I can take him the 200 miles to university in September! Maybe in stages with a hotel break. [smle]

MiniMouse Sat 09-Apr-16 16:45:19

That's great news ruby - and just when you could do with it, too smile Something to look forward to - lovely sunshine

Alima Sat 09-Apr-16 16:45:52

Brilliant news for you ruby lady, in time for getting around in the better weather too. I do not know anything about mobility cars but someone on here is bound to. What colour would you choose?

rubylady Sat 09-Apr-16 16:46:25

Maybe my dad's already looking after me? smile

Indinana Sat 09-Apr-16 16:48:05

That is good news ruby - just what you needed after all the stress and sadness you've been through smile

rubylady Sat 09-Apr-16 16:48:26

I don't know Alima I'm not one for boring so burnt orange or a yellow, just not a bright yellow. It does take all the worry away of breakdowns and paying for insurance and tax, just get in and go. grin

Alima Sat 09-Apr-16 17:09:10

I would have guessed red to match your name!

NfkDumpling Sat 09-Apr-16 17:14:27

Wonderful Ruby! Enjoy!

rubylady Sat 09-Apr-16 18:35:19

I've had a few red ones so time for a change. Thinking of a Suzuki Jimny so the seat is higher and then I don't have to sit "down into it" but sit up so that I feel better. It's a whole new world, never had a new car. grin

NanaandGrampy Sat 09-Apr-16 20:46:02

I have a mobility car , this is my second .

It's great, gives me the ability to get around even on my own. I have a hoist in mine for my scooter.

There's a web site that will help you choose a short list of suitable vehicles. Remember some cars have an advance payment attached .

Everything is on this site www.motability.co.uk/

Enjoy !

rubylady Sat 09-Apr-16 22:31:19

Thanks NanaandGrampy did you get a choice of colour? X

p.s. I've just bought a doggie car sticker grin x

POGS Sat 09-Apr-16 22:40:10

Ruby

A nice bit of positive news for once. Pleased for you.