Gransnet forums

Travel

To holiday or not.

(9 Posts)
morethan2 Sun 24-Apr-16 14:16:34

Last October I booked return seats with easy jet for June this year. We were planning to travel around the Peloponnese for 17 days. We know this part of Greece very well. I've printed off the confirmation. Because of tragic family circumstances I've yet to book accomadation. I was holding off because I wasn't sure if given the circumstances we should go. Plus the heart and the joy had completely gone out of the plan so I've done no research. My family want us to go, they feel it may be the last break of this sort we can take because we may have future family commitments. I've got two questions, 1, should we go? 2, how do we get the tickets from easy jet? I've always booked via a travel agent. Will they email them to me and how soon before the travel date?

Stansgran Sun 24-Apr-16 15:05:13

Easy jet I book on line and print off the boarding pass( I use the option of greyscale for printing as they use an awful lot of orange and wastes ink imo) there will be something like manage my booking tab on the easyjet page and if you have the reference number it helps.
Only you know if you should go. Sometimes it helps to make clear plans if you are away from your problems. The Greeks are in need of tourists so you are doing some good by going.

grannyqueenie Sun 24-Apr-16 15:06:29

I can understand your hesitation and mixed feelings but maybe a.bit of time away from home will give you some space for yourself after a stressful family time. So I'd say go if you possibly can if for no other reason than to process some of your feelings about all that's happening without having to worry about everyone else's feelings too. Hopefully you'll have much needed relaxation and maybe even some fun too sunshine

tanith Sun 24-Apr-16 15:13:35

If you booked with Easyjet on line they will of sent you confirmation by e-mail with instructions how to either print off your boarding passes (you won't actually get tickets) or you can download the passes to your phone which they will just scan at the airport its very easy to do. You can also book in on line saving you time at the airport...

I agree with the others about whether you should go, time to gather your thoughts in a calm peaceful environment.

Eloethan Sun 24-Apr-16 19:21:15

As you've had a stressful and distressing time, I think it's a good idea to have a break away from it and re-charge your batteries. But, ultimately, you have to do what you feel comfortable with.

granjura Sun 24-Apr-16 20:54:47

I'd say the same. But perhaps change your plans slightly so you stay in one place and not have the hassle of organising and the exhaustion, of moving around. Find a nice little Hôtel or appartment- and spend some time just relaxing and reading, swimming and local sight seeing and walking. You won't get the money back on the flights anyhow- and if the worst comes to the worst, you'll just have to pay to change return for earlier date. Go and have a good rest- enjoy.

granjura Sun 24-Apr-16 20:56:32

I'd say the same. But perhaps change your plans slightly so you stay in one place and not have the hassle of organising and the exhaustion, of moving around. Find a nice little Hôtel or appartment- and spend some time just relaxing and reading, swimming and local sight seeing and walking. You won't get the money back on the flights anyhow- and if the worst comes to the worst, you'll just have to pay to change return for earlier date. Go and have a good rest- enjoy.

There is an admin cost for chaing dates, + the difference in flight price if there is one- but at that time of year it won't be much- and hopefully you won't have to.

suzied Sun 24-Apr-16 21:03:15

Yes you have to check in online with easyjet and print off the boarding passes or save to phone. You can get an easy jet app on a smartphone if you have one. You can check in online 30 days before you fly. You should have the reference number from your original booking.
Your family are encouraging you to go, so maybe that's a good idea, if you aren't needed at home for anything practical then just go and relax. You know the area and should be able to find a hotel, B and B or villa reasonably. Whatever the issues at home you should try to unwind and give yourselves a breathing space for a short time.

Thebeeb Sun 24-Apr-16 22:22:21

All the ticket info above is good.

I think you should follow your heart and then don't give it another thought. It will be the right thing for you at this time.

Good luck and make the most of it if you do go.