I will be 75 at the end of the year, last summer I bought new car, I was then 73, I love my car and the freedom it gives me,we live on a bus route, buses running everfy half hour, but it is the waiting for buses, which are rarely on time, and the carrying of parcels shopping etc, which makes me grateful I can still drive, I dont go into Town as they are always changing traffic directions, and it is total chaos, I use my car mainly to shop locally or travel to my Grandchildren on non motorway roads.
In Winter I try to drive during daylight, occasionally when I really have to, I drive in the dark, but dont enjoy it, especially when it is raining.
I dont feel I am soon to be 75, but occasionally I have to remember, and realise people think I am going to do something stupid, when they see a little white haired lady behind the wheel!
I hope I have many years ahead to prove old ladies can still drive sensibly.
My father 81 needs wrist surgery for a bad fracture and I am worried



with you, Granjura how dare you say that Charleygirl shouldn't be driving when she has taken every sensible measure, opticians, doctor, dvla etc, when you have a neighbour who would seem to be far more of risk to himself and others! Shame on you, seems like double standards to me.

