Gransnet forums

Travel

Malta in February

(7 Posts)
Stansgran Tue 03-Jan-17 18:48:28

DH is getting very restless as we haven't been away for over a month apart from christmas. He seems to need something to plan or get cross about so I suggested various places which we can fly to locally. He is not a good travel companion being tall but refusing to pay For legroom. Also he dislikes packing and unpacking but takes everything but the kitchen sink I've plumped for Malta and wonder if anyone can recommend February. The temperature is like here but has more hours of sunlight which might lift his spirits. This is according to websites but can anyone tell me for real? Many thanks

rosesarered Tue 03-Jan-17 20:39:18

Have been in March, it was really nice then, I imagine Feb is similar.Plenty to do, places to visit anyway, whatever the weather.DH is tall and we always pay extra for leg room, it's worth it.

Stansgran Tue 03-Jan-17 20:45:16

Thanks Roses. Oh we do in the end. Usually after I've shouted a lot. Or last minute at the airport expensivelygrin

Jalima Tue 03-Jan-17 20:50:33

Last time we went to Malta we arrived late at the airport and they asked if we would mind seats by the emergency exit - apologising profusely to us!
Plenty of legroom!

rosesarered Tue 03-Jan-17 20:54:51

grin keep shouting then.Do the packing and refuse to take unnecessary stuff.My DH never goes anywhere near a suitcase come packing time (thank goodness.)
Are you thinking of Valletta or going to a smaller place?

rosesarered Tue 03-Jan-17 20:55:44

Ooh, you were lucky there Jalima envy

Jalima Tue 03-Jan-17 20:59:48

Yes, DS was giving us a lift to the airport and he had something to finish at work.
We got there about an hour before (plenty of time) but everyone else had checked in!