Gransnet forums

Travel

Senior Holiday Moment

(5 Posts)
tiffaney Sat 03-Jun-17 16:06:32

Well we managed to get in and out today with no problem at least but I'll be really embarassed when I return the key to the office next week. Hopefully by then they'll have forgotten all about the silly woman who couldn't get in smile.

Auntieflo Sat 03-Jun-17 09:41:12

Yes, my daftest moment recently was when trying to get cash from a machine. On the screen is displayed the numerical pad . I then tried to enter my PIN on the screen. blushconfused instead of using the actual key pad underneath.

Greyduster Sat 03-Jun-17 08:49:16

Not a holiday moment, but when I fish a large reservoir, I get a gate code so that I can drive the forest roads and access all the banks. It is written on the catch return card which goes in a box by the gate when you are leaving. On Thursday, I put the card in the box and then realised that I hadn't made a note of the code, so I couldn't open the gate to get out! I had to call the fishery office and was lucky to find someone still there to answer my call. I felt a fool!

grannylyn65 Sat 03-Jun-17 08:16:51

Far too many grin

tiffaney Fri 02-Jun-17 21:40:30

So we arrived at our holiday apartment, one of those with a security gate. Read the instructions on how to gain access, 'Enter this number and the gate will open'
After three failed attempts and a frantic phone call to the agency we realised we were trying to enter the code in the intercom! Talk about feeling stupid.
Anyone else had an embarassing moment?