Gransnet forums

Travel

Anyone planning a visit to Cornwall soon?

(4 Posts)
granfromafar Sun 09-Jul-17 21:34:09

We recently enjoyed a brilliant week in Cornwall, staying in St Austell. Having not visited for about 15 years, it was great to revisit the Eden Project (which has changed a lot - much more extensive) and the Lost Gardens of Heligan. Plus loads of NT and English Heritage sites, including Tintagel Castle, Trerice, Trelissick and Lanhydrock. We picked up loads of useful leaflets/maps for Fowey, Nevagissey and Looe Bay. Although these are free and easily available, would be happy to send them to anyone planning a visit as there are loads of money-off coupons and ideas of places to visit.

whitewave Sun 09-Jul-17 21:45:18

How kind gran I don't need them but good thought!!

granfromafar Sun 09-Jul-17 21:48:40

Seems a shame to throw them in the (recycling) bin if someone can make use of them.smile

lucyl1 Wed 16-Aug-17 21:51:28

Thanks for offering the leaflets and coupons etc! These things are invaluable with the cost of attractions in Cornwall. Do any of the coupons have codes on them that you could take photos of or send by typing out on the forum? If not, you could try pinning them up on a local notice board or creating a free listing on Gumtree or Shpock - people will collect them from your house.
I haven't been to Cornwall for a few years now but your post made me try to remember some of my favorite spots in Cornwall - this article actually features most of them! www.westcountryresorts.co.uk/top-things-cornwall-sunshine/ the beaches, food and relaxed feel of the region are probably my favourite aspects!