Gransnet forums

Travel

Rhine river cruise

(6 Posts)
dahlia Sun 24-Sep-17 16:57:26

We have just returned from a Rhine cruise, our first ever cruise. Wonder if any other Gransnetters have experienced the noise and vibration we experienced on night cruising? Really disturbed our sleep: we know the ship has to move, but even in the lounge areas we could all sense the vibration, and in our cabin (not the cheapest!) I felt as if my very teeth were about to vibrate out! The return journey was better, but having our sleep disturbed on the outward trip and then dreading the next night did not give us a very enjoyable time. We certainly won't be going again, but I just wonder if we were just unlucky?

Pittcity Sun 24-Sep-17 17:01:49

Which cruise company did you go with? Did everyone have the same experience?
We cruised with Viking and slept well. I always wear ear plugs but felt no untoward vibration.

Norah Sun 24-Sep-17 17:25:30

We did Viking over the Rhine, three cruises to and fro different places, I think, we slept well. I take a pain tablet before bed, maybe that helps?

HildaW Sun 24-Sep-17 17:54:03

Slept like a log with Uniworld. I think with some lower spec boats it can vary as to which cabin you have.

Jane10 Sun 24-Sep-17 19:33:22

We went with Viking. DH and I like the gentle background vibration lulling us off to sleep. Maybe there was a problem with your boat?

kittylester Sun 24-Sep-17 20:39:08

We did the Rhink with Riviera and had no problems.