Gransnet forums

Travel

40th anniversary trip

(5 Posts)
MiniMama Mon 15-Jan-18 15:11:31

Hi all

My DH and I have our 40th wedding anniversary coming up in April. As nothing was done by him for my 60th birthday last year I would like some advice.
(He's not a bad man, he is just scared of doing anything in case its wrong, so it's left to me...{sad})
I would love to go to a spa, but have real issues with body image (I'm 5'4" size 18) and couldn't bear to go somewhere young trendy beauties hang out! Can anyone recommend a lovely place where it doesn't matter what you look like?
Thanks all

Nanabilly Mon 15-Jan-18 15:29:51

Why worry about your size. I went to a day spa with a group of lovely skinnies and I'm a size or 2. bigger than an 18.... and there were people bigger than me too , you roam around in a huge white towelling robe anyway and only remove it to go into the next section of your choice. I went to Eden Hall and it was just pure luxury ,I loved it . I
Go on get it booked

kittylester Mon 15-Jan-18 15:52:13

Is this a trip for both of you? Or a present to you from your Dh? Does he want to go to a spa? My dh would hate it!

Teetime Mon 15-Jan-18 15:57:53

Quite so I can see my DH in a spa but what about one of those Warner Breaks where you can both do different or the same things? Its our 40th next year so I am wondering what we might like . Ours in in January so e might delay it a bit and go back to Paris or Rome which we both love.

KatyK Tue 16-Jan-18 10:09:46

I agree that maybe a spa would be restful and relaxing. We went to Venice for ours smile