Gransnet forums

Travel

Canadian eta

(8 Posts)
Situpstraight Thu 10-May-18 18:53:38

Ask them how long the medical lasts, it’s going to be expensive if you ever go to Canada again and have to have another one done.
You probably need one for the USA as well, we have farmer and Science type friends and they don’t put their current occupations on the forms.

Poppyred Wed 09-May-18 19:12:24

Thanks Situpstraight, I did email them to ask why but still waiting for an answer??

Poppyred Wed 09-May-18 19:10:35

Mystery solved, googled it and I think it is because of my job! Gutted, going to cost a fortune and no guarantee that I will get the go ahead before we go! Of course, there is no one to speak to in person, it all has to done on line! Very frustrating and will be on pins now ......

wildswan16 Wed 09-May-18 18:44:40

Never heard of anyone needing a medical for a short Canada visit. Have they said why?

Situpstraight Wed 09-May-18 18:12:17

Certain occupations have a different classification, if you Google it, there is a fairly long list of people who will have to have a Medical if they are or have worked in various occupations.

Poppyred Wed 09-May-18 18:06:33

Not sure what you mean?

Situpstraight Wed 09-May-18 17:58:44

Is it to do with your occupation?

Poppyred Wed 09-May-18 17:14:05

Anyone had problems obtaining a visa for Canada? Applied for my DH and got one by return email. Mine is under review and they want me to go for a medical. Nearest approved centre is 2 hours away and the cost is over £300. We've only booked for 2 weeks!!!