Gransnet forums

Travel

M20/M2

(7 Posts)
ninathenana Sat 21-Jul-18 13:10:52

These two routes the M20 in particular has RTCs most days. Often more than one in a day. This morning there have been 3 seperate incidents causing standing traffic for over an hour in the latest one.
The stretch between junctions 5 to 6 on M2 is also notorious for RTCs.
Are there roads near you like this I wonder or is it something about these two roads that causes bad driving/risk taking ?

MawBroon Sat 21-Jul-18 13:49:51

I believe the A14 is particularly bad, so I avoid it whoever possible.
But last night (about 8) joining the northbound M11 from the North Circular I saw countless example of lunatically dangerous driving, going through red lights, cutting people up, “under” taking, weaving in and out of lanes, absolute disregard for any speed limits or lane discipline I was amazed there there no incidents.
Me? I just hung back a bit from the nutters, got myself into the inside lane and stayed there!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 21-Jul-18 14:29:30

A12 in Essex is appalling, accidents every day, we always avoid it when possible.

M0nica Sat 21-Jul-18 15:05:17

We have to use the A34 between M4/M40. As DH says, news is when it is running smoothly from one end to t'other, not when there is either an accident or congestion bringing it to a stand still.

FlexibleFriend Sat 21-Jul-18 15:08:01

Yeah A12 and M25 for us too. It is what it is.

ninathenana Sat 21-Jul-18 17:41:05

Not just here then sad and of course there is also the dreaded Dartford crossing at the end of these motorways. If we venture to beautiful Suffolk or Norfolk for holidays
I aim to get through the crossing before 7 am

KatyK Sat 21-Jul-18 18:22:23

The M6 is a nightmare mostly. We went out on a journey last week which took us three quarters of an hour to get there. It took us nearly 3 hours to get back because of congestion on the M6.