Gransnet forums

Travel

Tansport to cruise port in Copenhagen

(9 Posts)
lilypollen Mon 23-Jul-18 18:36:04

Leaving on a Baltic cruise from Copenhagen. Will be staying pre cruise near the airport can anyone tell me the best way to Ocean Quay using train/bus?

MawBroon Mon 23-Jul-18 20:16:26

Have you tried the cruise line or your travel company?

Farmor15 Mon 23-Jul-18 21:12:00

Try Google maps. If you put in name of hotel as start and ocean quay cruise terminal as destination it will give you various options. I just did it starting from airport and it suggested various train/bus combinations - last section bus 27.

We were in Stockholm recently and went on mini-cruise across Baltic to Tallinn. Found way to terminal using Google maps. Cruise company also had some info on website.

Farmor15 Mon 23-Jul-18 21:15:22

Be warned- there can be a long walk to actually get on ship - best to travel light.

chelseababy Mon 23-Jul-18 21:27:59

Cruise critic could have your answer - if not you can pose the question there

Lucylastic Mon 23-Jul-18 22:21:15

There's more than one cruise terminal in Copenhagen - Ocean Quay is the newest one, and is north-east of the city centre.
From Copenhagen Central Station you can take a surface train to Norreport station, then a short taxi ride to Ocean Quay.
But my niece and I chose a more scenic route. We joined the red Hop on Hop off bus in the city centre and took it all the way out to Ocean Quay. The bus staff are used to passengers coming on board complete with cruise luggage! After a lovely tour of the city, the bus stops right at the Princess Cruise terminal.

Lucylastic Mon 23-Jul-18 22:41:13

Another option - my DH says there is now a shuttle bus that goes from the airport direct to Ocean Quay. That might be easier for you since you are staying near the airport.

lilypollen Thu 26-Jul-18 20:07:42

I was a little concerned as I read, on TripAdvisor I think, that public transport there wasn't easy. Seems from all your information that it is doable. We are generally too mean to take taxis if there is an alternative!

lilypollen Tue 07-Aug-18 22:19:01

We took a taxi to the port and as the area is so vast it would have been a very long walk from any public transport.