Gransnet forums

Travel

Green Gathering festival - anyone else going?

(7 Posts)
Rowantree Sun 29-Jul-18 01:00:45

I'm going to my first festival this week - the Green Gathering in Chepstow. Has anyone else been before and is anyone else from Gransnet going?

I'll be camping for four nights in the same tent as DD, SIL and DGS (aged 2). Am I potty, and will I need one?

Haven't been camping since my honeymoon in 1973....

MissAdventure Sun 29-Jul-18 01:04:16

smile
I'm not going, but just wanted to wish you the happiest time!
Is there any particular band you want to see there, or is it the whole experience you're looking forward to?

Rowantree Sun 29-Jul-18 01:35:15

Thank you, MissAdventure! DD has been trying to persuade me to go for years -says I'll love it. Wary of the toiletting experience but I'm sure I'll survive somehow!
No particular band - it's the whole experience, really - Green issues, craft workshops and demonstrations, healing fields, fun, folk and other music, and just enjoying a magical atmosphere (I hope!) Just curious - if I don't do it now, I never will!

Jane10 Sun 29-Jul-18 06:17:40

One word - wetwipes!!

BlueBelle Sun 29-Jul-18 06:46:30

I ve never been to that one but used to regularly go to WOMAD I loved every minute of it and was so disappointed when it moved to the opposite side of the country to me
I went to LATITUDE ( not all my music but so much else to do) a couple of years ago when I was 71 I just love the vibes, and love the camping there was a storm one night and watching the lightening through my tent was so exciting
Don’t worry about the loos it all works out I would think at a green festival they will be as good There was one group of loos at WOMAD that were run by one of the green charities that were cleaned after everyone used them (for a donation if you wanted)
I m so envious no one I know wants to go. I used to go with my very much younger friend but she emigrated and they aren’t so much fun on your own
Have a WONDERFUL time enjoy every moment x

Rowantree Sun 29-Jul-18 10:00:36

Thank you BlueBelle! I'm trying to challenge myself a bit - my yoof wasn't as 'mis-spent' as it could have been, due to lack of confidence, self-esteem and other stuff going on. Also met DH when I was very young. So I want to try some different experiences and I'm chuffed my DD is prepared to put up with me for so long. Looking forward to it!

I'm bringing wet wipes, Jane10, but am aware they aren't flushable or environmentally friendly...but having been prone to UTIs for decades - thankfully less now - the hygiene will have to take precedence over the planet on this occasion. I'll have to put them in nappy bags and bin them.
Love the thought of lightning over the tent as long as we don't get a direct hit! Will report back afterwards :-D

grannyactivist Sun 29-Jul-18 11:59:05

Rowantree - what an interesting experience you will have, come back and tell us all about it. I went to my first ever 'proper' outdoor concert in Hyde Park a year or two back; it was Carole King singing her album Tapestry. It was fabulous!