Gransnet forums

Travel

travel clothing

(13 Posts)
MrsJamJam Wed 07-Nov-18 18:59:31

I am being treated to a Caribbean cruise in Feb - lucky me. But where on earth can I buy some not too expensive hot weather clothing at this time of year ? Any ideas welcome sunshine

Izabella Wed 07-Nov-18 20:02:14

I shall follow this with interest too. No dresses or anything like that in my wardrobe so I need ideas for the same reason. I did come across an Indian clothes shop and thought I may buy a skirt from there.

Me buying a skirt! Cannot believe I wrote that.

On the subject of clothes if anyone needs any warm walking or trekking trousers I recently bought some Rohan lined roamers. Excellent!

NotAGran55 Wed 07-Nov-18 21:53:23

Next have a pretty good selection including the famous linen blend dress in the swimwear section .

Situpstraight1 Thu 08-Nov-18 05:09:26

This is where you ditch the shops and go online, all the major names have summer clothing in their online shops.

JackyB Thu 08-Nov-18 06:41:25

There may be a boutique on the boat, but that will be expensive. Why not look for some local wares at you First port of call?

cornergran Thu 08-Nov-18 07:28:50

Agree with situp have a look online. Most shops do sell some summer things all year round. Debenhams maybe? Check the average temperatures for your destinations, they can vary hugely. Have a wonderful time.

MrsJamJam Thu 08-Nov-18 08:52:10

The temperatures would seem to be mid to high 20s, which I find quite hot. It's a small ship, only 100 ,passengers so visiting out of the way places with maybe not many shops. Difficult to do online when you can't feel the fabric, I don't want the hot sweaty man made ones. Guess I will have to get used to returning stuff, which I seem to find difficult. No idea why.

Teetime Thu 08-Nov-18 09:11:57

If you look on White STuff they still have all their summer sale things on line - I'm sure other high streets will have too- try Debenhams and Monsoon.

MrsJamJam Thu 08-Nov-18 18:22:19

Just looked at White Stuff sale. Perfect! Thanks for the idea

EllanVannin Thu 08-Nov-18 18:27:48

Another satisfied customer smile

chelseababy Thu 08-Nov-18 18:33:46

I bought few in charity shops this autumn for srilanka in January.

GrandmaKT Thu 08-Nov-18 18:57:47

Try an outlet village. They often have out of season items being sold off.

cornergran Thu 08-Nov-18 22:37:59

Was in Debenhams today, they had a huge reduced section full of summer clothes. If there’s one near you it’s worth a look. In a White Stuff Outlet yesterday, it was crammed with summer stuff. Lots of people buying while I was in search of warm sweaters. Aren’t we all different with temperature? I’d find mid to high 20’s comfortable. Mr C on the other hand would cook grin. I’m sure the clothes will work out, enjoy your cruise, I’m sure it will be very special.