Gransnet forums

Travel

Swiss mountains holiday

(17 Posts)
jura2 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:07:25

how about making your dream come true? Get in touch with evianers - it is a magical place.

Helga5555 Thu 04-Jul-19 13:01:14

trip like this my dream

jura2 Thu 27-Jun-19 12:06:31

... train to Sion, magical ride, and then postal bus up to the lovely village, from Geneva airport I meant.

Actually, why not from London St Pancras via Paris to Lausanne- fabulous train journey- then on to Sion and up.

jura2 Thu 27-Jun-19 11:21:19

Has anyone taken advantage of this great offer? It is so easy to get to by car or by train and bus- and the wild flowers are just amazing at the moment.

Sadly we are unable to go ourselves right now, for all sorts of reasons - but it seems such a shame if no one can enjoy this amazing location- the most beautiful Alpine valley and 'balcony' of the Alps - sunny all the time, near great spas too.

jura2 Fri 12-Apr-19 21:47:14

Understood- about to go to UK- so will have a think when we return.

evianers Fri 12-Apr-19 15:48:52

Would rather not discuss prices on an open forum.
If as I think, you are O+H, can you please contact me privately? Thanks in advance.

jura2 Thu 11-Apr-19 19:17:51

Mind you, if the price is right- could consider it as it is close enough to come and go.

jura2 Sat 06-Apr-19 15:27:55

Ah sorry, I thought you meant a holiday let. We would have been interested in 1 or 2 weeks- and could take our own sheets, towels and do end clean. But 4 weeks is just too long- and I imagine for most on GN too. Bonne chance.

evianers Sat 06-Apr-19 10:51:18

We should like a minimum of 4 weeks let. If this appeals we can certainly discuss the option further. Please let us know.

jura2 Fri 05-Apr-19 09:58:37

it truly is - the mountains meadows above have those massive rocks covered in lichen, and the wild flowers are amazing, as are the very old, gnarled and twisted Arolla pines. Highly recommended. About 2.30 hours drive from Geneva airport- or accessible by train to Sion then postal bus up. The whole region is really well connected with local buses to all the villages up the Val d'Hérens and down.

If we are allowed to take well behaved Emma with us- I am definitely up for a trip.

silverlining48 Thu 04-Apr-19 18:55:58

It sounds lovely.

jura2 Thu 04-Apr-19 18:41:58

Nax is a great favourite as it gets the sun all day long and late- the ski area is just wonderful too- and the villages of the Val d'Hérens above are so so Heidi like- with the glaciers at Ferpècle and Arolla - so i'd certainly recommend it. And several great spas around too.

What about a little well behaved dog- we could take own sheets and towels, etc- about 2.30 hrs drive from us.

evianers Thu 04-Apr-19 12:27:41

Yes, sorry, we don't necessarily look every day. It is in the centre of Nax, in the modern tiered apartment house "Les Eperons du Ciel" Further information if required

jura2 Wed 03-Apr-19 19:54:40

Hope all is well Evianer, as no reply.

jura2 Wed 03-Apr-19 13:55:00

Which village is it in- Nax, Vex? or the other side of valley?

jura2 Tue 02-Apr-19 17:08:32

would a small well behaved dog be allowed?

evianers Tue 02-Apr-19 17:02:51

If there is anyone who would like to know of a studio for rent in a French-speaking village above Sion, but with connection by Postbus, do not hesitate to contact us.
Hiking, Via Ferrata, but in a calm environment with access to many wonderful areas. Supermarket in the village ca. 100 meters away. Suitable for couple only. Very reasonable rental.