Gransnet forums

Travel

Iceland

(9 Posts)
JomesRodrigues1 Sat 19-Oct-19 17:05:23

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Greenfinch Wed 10-Jul-19 13:13:36

Unfortunately,for family reasons we have had to cancel our cruise to Iceland but many thanks to all who responded.

jackfowler Wed 10-Jul-19 12:25:37

my favorite hill stations Iceland.

Septimia Sun 16-Jun-19 16:59:43

We went to Iceland with our campervan, by ferry in the 80s.
What I remember as being worthwhile were Strokkur and Geysir, and Goðafoss, all within a day trip from Reykjavík. Bound to be busy, but worth seeing. I seem to remember an arboretum or something of the sort in Akureyri. There's also Glaumbaer farm museum which might be reachable from Akureyri or Árbaer near Reykjavík. Any of the waterfalls are worth seeing and Reykjavík itself warrants a good wander round.
I envy you! Have fun.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 16-Jun-19 16:52:39

It is one of our sons favourite places, but his first degree was geology and I think that tells you a lot about Iceland. If I were you I would google it.

jsnjasonvoorhees2019 Sun 16-Jun-19 16:48:06

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PamelaJ1 Sat 01-Jun-19 20:17:24

I didn’t go on a cruise but stayed in Reykjavik for a few days.
We went on trips from there.
The trips were full days and we seemed to cover lots of miles. I’m not sure if we would have been able to see what we did unless we had hired a car.
Try googling Reykjavik excursions and see what they charge.
Ships tours are expensive but then so is Iceland.

Doodle Sat 01-Jun-19 20:07:02

Hi greenfinch can’t help with advice as we are going on our first cruise to Iceland in a few weeks time. I will be interested to hear what others have to say about it.

Greenfinch Sat 01-Jun-19 16:28:41

We are going on a P&O cruise soon that visits Iceland. We like to do our own thing because the shore excursions are so expensive ( we recognise the pitfalls of this) yet don't want to miss anything really spectacular. Does anyone have any advice ? We are calling at Reykjavik , Akureyri and Isafjordur