Gransnet forums

Travel

Reviews?

(2 Posts)
Sussexborn Sat 28-Sep-19 12:59:16

My DD1 found out the hard way that Trip Advisor reviews can be manipulated by the company advertising. They can remove bad reviews and create a false sense of security.

GS1 recently ended up on a drip because of ecoli food poisoning. Luckily he’s fit and strong and has recovered well. A three month old baby is still in and out of hospital after contracting the disease.

People had tried to warn others but their feedback kept disappearing. A friend is a solicitor with a top notch firm and they are now part of a group taking the holiday company to court. It seems that ecoli is rife in the resort. They came back from their holiday more exhausted than before!

We’ve used Trip Advisor quite often with only one bad experience but I’m now wary as we are intending to take a holiday when my treatment ends.

Eloethan Sat 28-Sep-19 14:28:54

I've generally found Trip Advisor quite reliable but there have been one or two occasions when a restaurant, hotel or villa hasn't matched up to its glowing reviews.

After using TA for some years I think I've got more of an idea of what to look out for and which reviews are more likely to be reliable.