Gransnet forums

Travel

Marella Discovery cruise

(9 Posts)
Sophiasnana Wed 25-Dec-19 22:51:56

My husband and I set off on a Marella cruise to the Far East in a couple of weeks. We have cruised a few times before, always 5 or 6*, but friends recommended 4* Marella to us. It seems great value for money. Any one an experience of this cruise line, hopefully positive!

phoenix Wed 25-Dec-19 23:40:41

?

Marelli Wed 25-Dec-19 23:42:35

Crikey, I thought I'd turned into a cruise ship.... (must try harder with this diet...)! ?

QuaintIrene Wed 25-Dec-19 23:48:49

Marelli ?
Never been on a cruise, but would like to. Not helpful, sorry.
I would probably make it lean a bit. Fatso old me.?

Callistemon Wed 25-Dec-19 23:49:28

Aren't they Thomson rebranded?

I would check reviews before I booked, but should be OK although I have no experience of that cruise line.

Callistemon Wed 25-Dec-19 23:50:16

Marelli it's no good trying until the Christmas food has gone!
tchgrin

10tedsrobinson11 Tue 31-Dec-19 12:30:38

We have enjoyed 3 cruises with Tui now called Marella and have enjoyed them all . All in Europe .The boats are not new and swimming pool areas can get busy but you can always find a quiet space elsewhere. There are a variety of eating areas casual but we usually choose the restaurant for evening where we can dress up! We go with friends and we have only ever done one excursion ( leaning tower of Pisa last year) but usually have a good look around whenever we are in port and have seen some lovely places at our own pace. I think probably these cruises are good value for the money you pay rooms fine the staff are very friendly and the food good.

10tedsrobinson11 Tue 31-Dec-19 13:22:09

Having said all that we have always enjoyed camping holidays ,small yacht holidays ,gulet holidays so to us cruising with Majella/Tui holidays seems quite luxurious but to others it may not !

Sophiasnana Tue 31-Dec-19 18:55:51

??