Gransnet forums

Travel

Visit to Japan

(8 Posts)
Artygal Sun 26-Jan-20 07:59:33

Hi, it’s our 50th wedding anniversary this year and my husband has a great desire to visit Japan. Can anyone advise us on how to plan this special trip?

Thanks

kittylester Sun 26-Jan-20 08:33:34

I love Japan.

We have been on lots of Riviera holidays and always been impressed and I know they do a couple of trips to Japan. Great Rail Journeys do too. There will be lots of others

Enjoy!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 26-Jan-20 08:53:12

We went last year - alas only for a week so just spent time in Tokyo and Kyoto but will go back. It's wonderful. Recommend VERY comfy shoes - we walked miles every day.

gillybob Sun 26-Jan-20 08:57:30

A bit off topic (apologies) but when my DH came out of his induced coma he was absolutely convinced he, my son and middle granddaughter had been to Japan. He even gave us a quite detailed account of their trip and was hugely disappointed that the “photos he had taken” did not exist .

It looks like a magical place to visit . I do hope you have a wonderful time when you go Artygal smile

kittylester Sun 26-Jan-20 09:15:46

One of my claims to fame is using a Japanese toilet (I was desperate!) whilst hurtling through the Japanese countryside on the bullet train.

Sorry!!

Callistemon Sun 26-Jan-20 10:19:01

I've only been very briefly but would love to go at cherry blossom time, which must be glorious.
However, I expect that time of year would be more busy than usual.

kittylester Sun 26-Jan-20 12:20:10

They have maps showing the progress of the cherry blossom - on the weather forecast I think.

Autumn is quite spectacular too.

Nanaju Tue 25-Feb-20 11:41:51

I am going in November for 3 weeks travelling around Japan, I have done my own itinerary, I got info from Facebook groups, blogs, TripAdvisor. Just got to buy our JR pass and we are ready to go, very excited. I can send you my Itinerary if your interested?