Gransnet forums

Travel

MADE IT!!!!

(6 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 16-Mar-20 23:14:21

A 3 hour train journey, day and a half wait in a capital city for the next available flight (turned out to be the last commercial flight out, according to the flight attendants) and then a very anxious plane journey (hate flying at any time, let alone when surrounded by potential CVers).

Lovely bedtime story cuddle with DGS made it ALL worthwhile. If I get CV, I can think of no one else who I would risk contracting it from.

mokryna Mon 16-Mar-20 23:29:29

So you have left France and back home. Are you giving télé lessons to your pupils.?

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 17-Mar-20 06:39:03

Are you self isolating now? Not getting near other adults.

Good to be home though.

Calendargirl Tue 17-Mar-20 07:16:50

As long as DGS doesn’t get it from you.

MawB Tue 17-Mar-20 07:21:25

Cuddles, Gagajo ? Especially after a flight, airport and all that contact?
Elbow bumps only were allowed here when I saw my grandchildren at the weekend.???
Will you be OK job wise etc if you are stuck here indefinitely? My friend’s DS and DIL drove from Germany at the weekend for a family visit with their 6 month old first baby.
Borders are now closed, with no word of when they will open again. ☹️

GagaJo Tue 17-Mar-20 07:53:23

It wasn’t possible to stay away from GS. He’s a toddler. I showered and changed clothes beforevtouching him. I’m pretty sure I’m more at risk from them, than they are from me.

My job is ok as long as the schools closed. For this week, I am setting work and putting it on the website. After that it’s our school hol for 3 weeks. After that, online lessons.

If the school wants me back and the borders are closed or I can’t get a flight, I suspect that will be when I’m in trouble.