Gransnet forums

Travel

Sunflower field in Cornwall

(10 Posts)
MellowYellow Mon 03-Aug-20 14:27:05

Not sure this is the best place to post this but here it is anyway...
If you're visiting Cornwall over the coming weekend you may like to Google 'sunflower field Cornwall'. Looks like it will be an amazing sight, the sort you'd expect to see in the south of France, and it's only here for a short time.

ladymuck Mon 03-Aug-20 14:28:03

Yes, I saw that on tv. They have also created a maze.

MellowYellow Mon 03-Aug-20 14:30:29

Oh, I should watch local telly! I should think children will love it.

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-20 14:34:59

I just Googled it and it looks wonderful. Such a pity Cornwall says its full up - next year perhaps!

I did find a link showing all the wonderful pictures and the story of maze but the feature was rather spoiled by an advert showing oil being dribbled into an ear - which at least makes a change from the one showing a lump of wax being removed with tweezers. I don't have blocked ears and have never looked for a remedy so why I keep getting these revolting pictures I don't know!

Callistemon Mon 03-Aug-20 14:37:56

I got the ear picture too, here on GN, NfkDumpling.

Very off putting, particularly as I was glancing at GN whilst I was eating my muesli.

Callistemon Mon 03-Aug-20 14:39:12

Sorry, MellowYellow I meant to say thank you.

As I look out of the window I can see four or five tall sunflowers in the garden but not enough for a maze!

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-20 14:40:33

Callistemon

I got the ear picture too, here on GN, NfkDumpling.

Very off putting, particularly as I was glancing at GN whilst I was eating my muesli.

?

Callistemon Mon 03-Aug-20 14:49:55

There may be other sunflowers or lavender fields near you, although they may not be open this year.

Google Condé Nast Traveller, best sunflower fields and best lavender farms.

MellowYellow Mon 03-Aug-20 15:15:47

Honestly, I must be walking around with my head in the clouds (or a field full of sunflowers). I didn't know Cornwall was full. I've got an inflatable bed going spare in my craft room......smilegrin

Callistemon Mon 03-Aug-20 15:27:45

I thought Cornwall was always full in the summer holidays. ?

It's all those Emmets (Grockles if you live in Devon). ? ? ?