Gransnet forums

Travel

Cruise & Maritime in administration ABTA CLAIM

(7 Posts)
jeanie99 Mon 10-Aug-20 06:24:54

I have made a claim via ABTA anyone have any idea how long this takes to get our money back.
What concerns me is I have had no confirmation that the claim is going through.
On the ABTA website under my claim there is no information at all as to the progress.
Even though in the information it says check your claim for the process.
Just wondered if anyone had made a claim from them.
This covers two cruises for 2021 Hays contacted me and did the claim. Cruise1st have not even contacted me to help.

yggdrasil Mon 10-Aug-20 07:07:02

I made my claim against the credit card I used. I have had acknowledgement as to acceptance of the claim, but apparently C&M legally have 45 days to appeal. So I am just waiting for the money.
I am really sorry about the loss of C&M. We have had several very enjoyable cruises with them.

jeanie99 Mon 10-Aug-20 07:47:57

My husband and I have add a couple of wonderful cruises with this company. I am very sad for all the staff who have lost their jobs.

Maggiemaybe Mon 10-Aug-20 08:09:58

I hadn’t heard about this, and I’m so sorry. We had a wonderful time on one of their cruises last year, and were hoping to try another.

I hope you get it sorted quickly, jeanie99.

Maggiemaybe Mon 10-Aug-20 08:11:23

And you too, yggdrasil, of course.

MiniMoon Mon 10-Aug-20 09:40:12

I was very sorry about CMV too. I was looking to book a Baltic cruise with them for next summer. I am so glad I didn't go ahead with it.
We went to the Norwegian Fjords with them a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

Hellogirl1 Mon 10-Aug-20 16:55:59

Our one and only cruise was with Cruise and Maritime, we went to the Norwegian fjords on the Marco Polo, loved it. So sorry at the news.