Gransnet forums

Travel

Finally going to see my daughter!

(25 Posts)
Shandy57 Mon 07-Mar-22 16:38:34

Afternoon everyone, I've finally got a roof and am able to visit my daughter in Belfast.

I've organised the cat feeder, dog kennels, booked the flights - and then went onto book accommodation.

And guess what, it's the biggest Irish Dancing Competition of the year the weekend I've chosen! I've paid a lot more than I expected for accommodation, but it's worth it. Hope some of the little dancers might be in the hotel.

Redhead56 Mon 07-Mar-22 16:39:57

Enjoy your trip!

Kim19 Mon 07-Mar-22 17:00:12

How lovely! Great news! Enjoy.

JaneJudge Mon 07-Mar-22 17:01:31

smile smile

Annapops Mon 07-Mar-22 17:08:29

Sounds wonderful. Have an amazing time.

Grandmabatty Mon 07-Mar-22 17:12:41

You will have a lovely time! Enjoy.

crazyH Mon 07-Mar-22 17:22:27

I love to watch Irish Dancing on TV. Have a lovely time Shandy57 !

Josieann Mon 07-Mar-22 19:35:38

Enjoy your visit! Exciting for you to see where your daughter is living now.

CanadianGran Mon 07-Mar-22 19:36:32

How nice to be able to see family. Happy for you!

Aldom Mon 07-Mar-22 19:43:30

So pleased for you Shandy. You deserve a holiday after the trials and tribulations of house moving, storm damage and serious issues with your floors.
How lovely to be looking forward to seeing your daughter again. Travel safely and stay safe and well. shamrock flowers shamrock

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 07-Mar-22 19:45:11

At last Shandy something to look forward to, you’ve really had a rough time of it lately, it must be nice to be in the dry at last!
Hope you have a lovely time.

Smileless2012 Mon 07-Mar-22 19:47:58

That's great. Have a fabulous time flowers.

Greenfinch Mon 07-Mar-22 21:20:00

I have missed your back story but I guess it must have been quite traumatic . Anyway I too hope you have a lovely time.

Shinamae Mon 07-Mar-22 21:24:36

That is fantastic shandy, very happy for you, after all you’ve been through you really deserve this break x

Chocolatelovinggran Mon 07-Mar-22 21:40:38

I hope that you have a lovely time Shandy - and maybe see some ? ?‍♂️

Jaxjacky Mon 07-Mar-22 21:48:24

Have a wonderful time Shandy need to change your name to Guinness! X

cornergran Mon 07-Mar-22 22:01:31

Enjoy every minute shandy. Excellent way to celebrate a new roof smile.

Shandy57 Tue 08-Mar-22 12:30:29

I had to ring the hotel last night to confirm that two rooms had been booked for each evening - the confirmation email just said 'Double room, 2 adults' for both nights.

I know I'm 64, and I taught 'Secretarial Duties' in the dark ages, but still feel the staff were really unprofessional. I was on the phone for fifteen minutes being passed from pillar to post and eventually had two rooms per evening confirmed. Seems the confusion was because they didn't ask for the second person's name and assumed we were a couple.

Think I've organised everything now, just need to find a small cabin bag that will fit their measurement criteria. If I add a 'large cabin' bag I've got to pay another £14 per seat so we can use the overhead lockers. We can buy anything we need when we get there, I'm sure it won't be £60!

volver Tue 08-Mar-22 12:35:08

I didn't hear what happened to you before Shandy57 but its so nice that you are going to see your daughter. Have a lovely time flowers. The Irish Dancing sounds fab as well!

nadateturbe Tue 08-Mar-22 13:21:31

I hope you have a good visit Shandy with your daughter. I live just a few miles outside. Belfast is welcoming and friendly.
Safe journey.

Grannmarie Tue 08-Mar-22 14:15:09

Safe journey and have a wonderful visit with your daughter, Shandy.

Katyj Tue 08-Mar-22 18:13:27

Have a lovely time Shandy ?

Sarnia Wed 09-Mar-22 08:08:31

You must have wondered at times if the day would ever come. Now it has enjoy every single second of your visit. Have the Kleenex handy! Safe journey.

Shinamae Wed 09-Mar-22 10:49:01

Shandy57

I had to ring the hotel last night to confirm that two rooms had been booked for each evening - the confirmation email just said 'Double room, 2 adults' for both nights.

I know I'm 64, and I taught 'Secretarial Duties' in the dark ages, but still feel the staff were really unprofessional. I was on the phone for fifteen minutes being passed from pillar to post and eventually had two rooms per evening confirmed. Seems the confusion was because they didn't ask for the second person's name and assumed we were a couple.

Think I've organised everything now, just need to find a small cabin bag that will fit their measurement criteria. If I add a 'large cabin' bag I've got to pay another £14 per seat so we can use the overhead lockers. We can buy anything we need when we get there, I'm sure it won't be £60!

Good heavens shandy is nothing straightforward for you? ?‍♀️ ?I have p.m.d you ??

Shandy57 Wed 09-Mar-22 10:56:35

Woke up in the night worrying I hadn't used our middle names on the flight booking Shinamae! I'm a mess!