AussieGran59 Sat 14-Jan-23 22:44:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

welbeck Sat 14-Jan-23 22:46:42

clickbait.
doubt it happens.

Callistemon21 Sat 14-Jan-23 22:48:20

I've never heard of it.

grannyactivist Sat 14-Jan-23 23:01:37

Three of my sisters worked for BA for over 30 years apiece - and none has ever mentioned this. I shall text them tomorrow and ask if this is something they’ve experienced. I doubt it somehow.

AussieGran59 Sat 14-Jan-23 23:15:05

Callistemon21 Sat 14-Jan-23 23:22:34

On a flight, the attendants don't choose your seat, they can't refuse to feed you or provide refreshments etc.

I've always found them most helpful even though I've never given them chocolate.

AussieGran59 Sat 14-Jan-23 23:39:25

Callistemon21 Sun 15-Jan-23 12:38:33

😁

grannyactivist Sun 15-Jan-23 15:42:20

Reply from my sister: “Some people thought it got you upgraded if they brought goodies on board, but it didn’t.”

Witzend Sun 15-Jan-23 15:59:37

Never heard of this, can’t believe anyone would do it. And I was a stewardess for a couple of years back in the Dark Ages.

My younger sister was at least twice upgraded (without asking) from economy to business class on transatlantic flights - I have to assume because she is quietly spoken and looks thoroughly demure and well-behaved (which of course she is) - so unlikely to be a PITA - but also because she was on her own each time when economy happened to be overbooked.

AGAA4 Sun 15-Jan-23 16:06:11

Always been treated well by flight attendants and no chocolate changed hands.

Callistemon21 Sun 15-Jan-23 20:12:31

We've been upgraded to Premium but if only I'd handed over my Cadbury's Fruit and Nut we could have got into Business!

Next time!

Oreo Sun 15-Jan-23 21:28:13

AGAA4

Same here.
Can’t believe there’s any truth in that story AussieGran59 and they may be wary of eating any chocs given by a passenger they don’t know.
Gold bullion or a wad of folding money tho may be acceptable😂

Oreo Sun 15-Jan-23 21:29:18

Callistemon I’d only hand over my Cadbury fruit and nut at gunpoint.

GagaJo Sun 15-Jan-23 22:04:40

As an individual with a fear of flying, I've had very variable treatement from air stewards. Some have been lovely and have actively improved my experience, but some have not been helpful and have tried to avoid interacting with me. Maybe giving a gift to whoever is responsible for the section I'm sitting in, with an attached note with brief explanation would help?

Joseanne Sun 15-Jan-23 22:25:47

Would the flight attendants actually eat the chocs on board? What if they were poisoned? (Suspicious mind).

farview Wed 18-Jan-23 19:49:57

When we checked in our luggage in New York in 2002....we were given an upgrade to first class....😊

Fleurpepper Tue 07-Feb-23 13:06:56

This happened to us returning from Maui once, via Chicago. Swore I 'd never travel 'cattle class' again, lol. But when you look at the prices, then it is back to 'cattle class' always.

One of my SIL's always 'bribes' staff at Hotels. Give them a nice tip at the beginning, smiles, and says 'thank you for looking after us'. And it works!

Humduh Tue 07-Feb-23 16:06:36

Oh dear. Refuse to do this or treat customers differently who do despite thinking any kind of thank you is nice

M0nica Tue 07-Feb-23 22:16:23

I got upgraded on a flight from Italy to London, without doing anything at all. I booked at the last minute. Whether economy was fully booked, which was why I ended in business class, I didn't ask, just said ;thank you' and made myself comfortable.

Yammy Tue 07-Feb-23 22:43:24

Never been given an upgrade but have been given a job. On a flight to Pisa, we had a bag tucked under our seat and were told if anything happened to the flight and we crashed we had the first Aid bag. We just stared in shock and still don't know if it was a joke. Luckily it wasn't needed.
Maybe we should have given a chocolate bar and asked for it to be moved.hmm

Norah Tue 07-Feb-23 23:18:29

AGAA4

Quite.

We get upgraded often. We're registered with our often used Airways' customer loyalty programmes, and receive upgrades.

Grantanow Thu 23-Feb-23 17:33:43

The chocolate story is a load of twaddle. Never seen it in many flying hours.