I'm not allowed to order before meds are due (not that I'm going anywhere)
Hopefully when you are feeling better, you will. My GP is happy enough to let me order things in advance if I am going away and over time I have managed to build a small stock so I feel confident that I won't run out over holiday periods etc.
My older brother left his case on the train when he came to visit us in Tuscany. Fortunately we now the owner of the resort where we stay every year, and she contacted the local pharmacy to explain what had happened and that we can be trusted- and his medications were ready the next day.
Careful with opiates though- they may even be a problem at customs in some countries, so you'd better have your prescription with you
We take twice the amount of DH’s medication as he should need, plus the prescriptions, like GrannyGravy13, and I carry half of it in case one bag gets lost or left on a train.
There is a timely warning on the news this morning about certain meds not being acceptable in some countries. As this includes antihistamines, a regularly used med, it is very wise to check just what you are allowed as well as the good advice by the OP to take extra, if your surgery will let you order them in advance!!
Just a little reminder to always pack more of your medication than you think you will need when you are travelling. We were unable to travel home from Spain last week due to the IT failure and I was struck by the number of people in our hotel who did not have extra medication with them including painkillers.