If you are a walker, try HF. Both uk and abroad. Not singles as such but good sociable holidays. You don’t need to be very fit as walks are different levels of ability.
I'm 72 (today!) and have travelled solo for many years. I've been all over Europe, and mostly on a pretty tight budget. I would love to go on one of the Solo travel organised holidays, but they are out of my budget. However I've been to Germany, Italy, Spain, but my favourite is a small village in the south of France. I like being able to do what I want, when I want!
Germany. Not on many peoples list but so lovely. Try a river cruise to get a feel for it. Maybe visit Bavaria, Harz Mountains, River Main etc. Colmar France for Christmas market.
Have you thought about cruising. Lots of opportunities for like minded solo travellers. I have used a company called passion for cruising who specialise in solos.
I am a singleton and would love to travel solo but when I look at the options for solo travellers they seem very expensive…at least too expensive for my budget!
How far is too far? I went on a Solos group holiday to the Silk Road. We flew to Tashkent, and visited Kiva, Bhukara and Samarkand. Not sure if you could do it unless on an organised tour, but certainly worth a visit.
Croatia is safe and beautiful! You can get buses and ferries all over plus there are trains but not too good! Zagreb to Split by train is a great journey! Zadar is a lovely town plus you can island hop! Hvar and Brac fab! Are for lone females go for it
Welcome Ava25. I think it's a good idea to have "younger" grannies on here. I also don't think 51 is "considerably" younger than many others. Hope you enjoy Gransnet.
Hi I'm 51 and been single by choice for a few years, I love to travel solo I find it so liberating. Just wondering if there were others like me here who could suggest some different places they have travelled to. Because I don't do long haul for health reasons, I've stuck to Spain and the Canaries but I'm open to suggestions