Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Four in a bed

(6 Posts)
Libradi Mon 27-Jun-11 19:01:06

I love this programme about four different couples staying in each others B & B's on channel four. I would love to stay in some of the places, It's great seeing the different homes and different personalities of the proprietors.

nanapug Mon 27-Jun-11 21:01:47

I enjoy watching it too, but I wish they didn't see the feedback at the end of each stay as it makes them play games. My DH suggested they don't get told the prices and that they pay what they think it is worth without knowing the true cost. I think that would be better.

vanessalottie Mon 27-Jun-11 21:05:09

I enjoy it too but it does seem that the best one does not often win due to tactics by some of the others, i watched Three in a Bed too and that was much the same, there are some great B&B's on which i would love to stay in.

gangy5 Tue 28-Jun-11 10:36:55

I am gob smacked at some of the prices charged when the rooms being offered are in someone's private house. I can't see how they can charge more than an equivalent hotel room would cost.
I agree that the *set up* of the programme needs tweeking to stop the tactical moves made by the participants. It is quite frequent that the best one doesn't win.

Cressida Wed 29-Jun-11 13:38:47

The best ones probably do win in the long term as there will be people who book rooms because of what they have seen on the show.

The B & B owners who win by underpaying the others are actually more likley to put people off staying with them. A bit of a hollow victory really.

Libradi Wed 29-Jun-11 18:32:08

That's true actually Cressida, I'd be much more inclined to stay with the people I liked than some of the people who purposely underpay. I know it's a game but its also a good bit of advertising for the businesses too.