Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Turkeys....

(5 Posts)
crimson Tue 02-Aug-11 12:51:44

Did anyone watch that programme about wild turkeys last night and, if so did you get through it without crying and wondering how you'll ever eat one at Christmas again? Missed the beginning so must catch it on iplayer..one of the loveliest wildlife documentaries I've ever seen [although not as good as the series about Echo the elephant].

rosiesposies Sun 07-Aug-11 20:29:06

Hi crimson was that the man who raised them ??? I feel the same great programme more please !!!

crimson Sun 07-Aug-11 21:43:49

Wasn't it just beautiful; I think the title 'My Life as a Turkey' confused put a lot of people off, because no one except thee and me seem to have watched it. Did you see the bit at the end where it said he was now living with a herd of deer [or goats] or something? I didn't realise it was a 'reconstruction' till afterwards [was blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain], but also never thought that it might be an actor as well [I mean a human actor as well as turkey actors]. I'm really confused now..but I did enjoy it [if enjoy is the correct term when one is just getting over the loss of one cute little fluffy thing, only to be faced with another]. Sob.

yogagran Sun 07-Aug-11 23:35:22

You're right crimson - I saw the title, thought it sounded quite bizarre and didn't bother to watch it. Shame really how a title can put you off

crimson Sun 07-Aug-11 23:43:24

It had a good write up in the Radio Times..unfortunately the phone rang as I was about to start watching it, that's why I had to watch the beginning on iplayer. I've sen a few Natural World documentaries [there was one about a wolf called Lobo] and Echo might have been the same. I watched the Echo ones over a period of @ 20 years, so she almost became part of my life! Tempted to watch the turkey one again, but I'll only cry!