Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Outnumbered

(20 Posts)
janreb Sat 03-Sep-11 14:32:29

Is anyone else pleased to see this programme back? I know it probably won't last much longer as the children are growing up and there will come a point when they are too old for their antics to be funny, but I do enjoy this programme - one of the few modern sit.coms I do like.

jangly Sat 03-Sep-11 15:03:23

On the radio yesterday the older boy said he "didn't see another series in the offing". Shame. Friday nights good for comedy.

Love Miranda, too.

glammanana Sat 03-Sep-11 15:32:00

Such a shame they are growing up they are the best TV sit-com family on the TV at the moment,totally realistic I think

yogagran Sat 03-Sep-11 15:53:10

Miranda makes me laugh too, but I don't admit to anyone else that I watch it as most people seem to thing it silly. I record it and watch it while DH is asleep!

Twobabes Sat 03-Sep-11 16:12:29

Love Outnumbered, but Miranda? I go to sleep instead of watching, I find it so irritatingy. Good job we don't all have the same taste or life would be so boring! smile

harrigran Sat 03-Sep-11 18:48:46

Outnumbered is brilliant, children are much more entertaining than adults. Love the way they make serious topics funny.

greenmossgiel Sat 03-Sep-11 18:51:15

I was disappointed in last night's programme. I don't think it's going to work as well now that the children are older. (Still going to watch it though!) smile

Grumpyoldwoman Sat 03-Sep-11 19:36:29

I love outnumbered but must admit I preffered it when children were smaller..Ben wasn't the same...will still watch though and there will be lots of repeats on Gold.
I really don't like Miranda...very silly.

Love, love, love Gavin and Stacey. smile

Call me sad but I absolutely love' Last of the Summer Wine' and try to watch or record it ...must have Compo in it though.

I love Cleggy's ''In my day there was no such thing as a Happy Marriage ..you were either married or you weren't'' grin

greenmossgiel Sat 03-Sep-11 19:47:36

I think Howard in Last of the Summer Wine is so funny! Like Grumpyoldwoman, I much prefer to have Compo in it, but Dora Bryan is wonderful, too! grin

susiecb Sun 04-Sep-11 08:17:42

Love Miranda and Outnumbered my girls think I am the mother in Miranda such fun!- my GS is definitetly a BENsmile

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 04-Sep-11 09:28:43

Yes Susie ..I also have a 6 yr old curly haired Ben !!!!!!

susiecb Sun 04-Sep-11 09:34:27

adorable arent they - mine just told me I was medium old. (I'm 58).

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 04-Sep-11 10:17:19

A couple of months ago when there was a big Dog Show in Kelso ..T asked if I would take them. I said that I would love to but couldn't because I couldn't leave 'Pop' for so long.
After a few seconds thought ..''well will you take us when Pop dies??''

I know there was no malice in his comment but refrained from telling DH !!wink

susiecb Sun 04-Sep-11 11:09:42

They just see everything in black and white which I think is why the parents on Outnumbered struggle so much. Children are exposed to things that are hard for them to understand until they get some maturity and experience so they come out with the most logical solution to them. I think the parents acting is wonderful though and I love the hippy sister - remember her boyfriend Brick the analyst - brilliant?

Ganja Thu 22-Sep-11 17:51:14

I love Outnumbered too, but am eagerly awaiting the return of Rev. Does any one know when it is coming? I thought Episodes was brilliant, but can't quite see, after the ending of the last one, how they can revive it. Do hope so though.

crimson Thu 22-Sep-11 18:28:13

I keep missing Miranda. I loved the first series she did on the tv; Hyperdrive and been a fan of hers ever since. I understand why people think it's a bit ott but the episode where she and her mother went to see a therapist and all but drove him mad was one of the funiest things I've seen ever.

Annika Thu 22-Sep-11 18:46:09

Miranda is what I call such fun , loved the therapist episode it was really funny, love Stevie in the shop when she sings "what have you done for me lately" and Miranda's mum ..well where do I start , who would want a mum like that. I think most of us would like a chef like Gary played by Tom Ellis !
wink

Annobel Thu 22-Sep-11 19:19:30

I have loved Outnumbered from the start. Andy Hamilton is a great script writer (Old Harry's Game on Radio 4, for example). The children are allowed to improvise and then I imagine it's quite a task to edit it. Hugh Dennis is wonderful as the dad. My DS2 was a Ben, and his DS2 is potentially another!

ameliaanne Fri 23-Sep-11 12:11:18

Love Outnumbered and also love Would I Lie to You? On tonight after Outnumbered. Very, very funny!

glammanana Fri 23-Sep-11 22:39:59

Annobel my DS2 is a Benn and what a Benn he is too,if I had given birth to him first there would have not been any more.(jesting)