Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bingo adverts on TV

(22 Posts)
Tosh Sun 22-Jan-12 10:14:13

I 've always wanted to know where the children of all the '''fun'' people on the Emmerdale ads are ??
My daughter said ..'probably in care !!''

As for the Harvey's ads ...they make me cringe !!
and why do they always show the HSL chairs in such vile colours ??.....just a thought!!

I watch too much TV !!!!!! grin

Elegran Sun 22-Jan-12 10:05:31

glammanan It has always been so. People who have barely the necessities see a way of possibly having more, and cynical gambling proprietors make it easy for them to wager what they have on a promise of a win. Proprietors get richer, gamblers get poorer, but next week it is going to be their turn ........

My grandfather used to enjoy a little bet on the geegees, but he said often "I've never seen a bookie in the dole queue"

Annika Sun 22-Jan-12 10:00:36

glammanan my thoughts exactly !

glammanana Sat 21-Jan-12 23:20:23

I can't understand how these bingo games are played anyway,how can normal everyday people afford to be playing these games its beyond me!!!

Annika Sat 21-Jan-12 23:11:55

JessM and Flickety I think "they" think we are easily fooled but we are not are we ?
The models used for anti aging cream have only just left school ! As for the acitivia/yakult products we are led to believe that eating/drinking them will make our lives healthy , if only it were that simple I for one could throw away my pills !!!!!

Carol Sat 21-Jan-12 23:00:18

Because we are full of botox, fillers and hair extensions, they mean!!

FlicketyB Sat 21-Jan-12 22:41:30

If one more famous beauty ponces around with some face cream or other while a voice-over spouts fake science about 'includes special codswallopoxide to make you look like younger than ever' where upon famous beauty simpers at camera and says 'because we are worth it'. I vow I shall throw something at the screen.

JessM Sat 21-Jan-12 22:41:00

am obviously watching wrong channels.
Have you notice all those acitvia/yakult/etc ads don't say anything at all. they just vaguely imply that they might be good for you. That is because despite desperate amounts of researching they have not yet proved that they are... It is an exercise in creative advertising. Maybe there is some reason they are not allowed to show people gambling?

Annika Sat 21-Jan-12 22:14:31

em what power we would have, just think all those annoying ads ! Go Compare, we could will him to lose his voice grin

em Sat 21-Jan-12 17:24:48

Love the idea of sending all those naughty vibes over the airwaves! If it worked and she did fall off we'd probably hear our cheers ringing out throughout the nation!

Annika Sat 21-Jan-12 16:53:38

No super you are not . wink Perhaps if we all "will " together we could get her to take a little tumble perhaps . grin

supernana Sat 21-Jan-12 16:45:44

Annika when the silly woman spins on the table, I will her to fall off...aren't I awful? wink

Annika Sat 21-Jan-12 16:42:02

In the Harveys ad with the woman "spinning" on the table...... if I had done that when I was a little girl I would have had my legs slapped by my mother !!!!!!
And as for the woman eating peas ... words fail me !angry

supernana Sat 21-Jan-12 13:40:06

green How can Harveys believe that any sane person would wish to purchase one of their sofas? I loathe the one where the poor husband is ignored. An awful lot of rubbishy, rude language issues from my mouth...

greenmossgiel Sat 21-Jan-12 13:25:56

OH supernana - I do so agree!!! The one where she's eating peas....oh there isn't an emoticon for how I want to describe that one - YUCK!!!!

supernana Sat 21-Jan-12 13:16:23

Are any GNs irritated by the two stupid women in the Harvey's furniture advert? Their silly antics make me cringe.

greenmossgiel Fri 06-Jan-12 20:59:19

Apart from when you're on Gransnet, of course! grin

HildaW Fri 06-Jan-12 19:32:59

The irony with these adverts is that they try to show groups of 'jolly' people having fun..........when in actual fact, unless I am misinformed, one sits on one's tod with a computer!

greenmossgiel Thu 05-Jan-12 17:17:48

These adverts only seem to be put on when the 'soaps' are on. Are they trying to indicate that we are being 'dumbed down' because we watch soaps? hmm

Granny23 Thu 05-Jan-12 16:28:17

I have never 'got the point' of these Bingo adverts. Certainly the people seem to be having lots of fun but then they are never shown playing Bingo. Who are they aimed at? Are we supposed to see them as being 'people like us'? I do not think they are 'like me' and I am pretty sure that even people who ARE overweight, loud and silly would not want to be perceived as being part of this crowd.

Elegran Thu 05-Jan-12 14:50:52

Bingo wings?

janthea Thu 05-Jan-12 14:32:07

I don't wish to make sweeping statements but has anyone else noticed that the people on Bingo adverts all appear to be overweight, even obese in some cases.