Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The new knitwear

(13 Posts)
Mamie Sun 22-Jan-12 17:57:17

Did anyone else think she seemed like a different character when she spoke English? I do agree a bit with Stansgran though, that these two episodes seemed to follow the same formula. Still the best thing on TV at the moment IMHO.

GoldenGran Sun 22-Jan-12 14:23:11

She is lovely, I love this more and more.

supernana Sun 22-Jan-12 14:01:51

Enjoyed last night's episode. Borgen acts with subtlety. I think that she is very attractive.

Stansgran Sun 22-Jan-12 13:52:42

Borgen is more episodic with themes-is the PM 's marriage going to weather her premiership/are the spin doctor and the newscaster going to get together or will the fitness trainer triumph. Each programme resolves a political issue as well-women by law on company boards/dissidents and dictators in denmark at the same time

JessM Sat 21-Jan-12 21:28:40

em yes.

Ariadne Sat 21-Jan-12 18:08:16

Oh, OK! if you say so ga then I'll give it a go! x

grannyactivist Sat 21-Jan-12 18:00:37

The Killing was indescribably good - I might even be tempted to get a TV if programmes of a similar calibre were being shown regularly. I haven't had the opportunity to start watching Borgen yet, but will do so when I can.

Ariadne Sat 21-Jan-12 17:52:45

My DD keeps telling me I should watch these programmes, but I'm not tempted. Yet some of you say they are great?

em Sat 21-Jan-12 17:28:45

To all 3 posters so far I have to say.......I normally enjoy your posts, identify with most of them and nod approvingly BUT I haven't a clue what you're talking about here! If I watch these 2 programmes, will everything fall into place?

gracesmum Sat 21-Jan-12 17:15:48

I think the word I should have used was Leitmotif - do our politicians talk about "great biscuits"???

JessM Sat 21-Jan-12 17:10:46

there was a lot of snacking in The Killing.
Yes the jumpers looked cute on her. Not great maybe for hotflush victims.

grrrranny Sat 21-Jan-12 16:32:36

I got so involved with The Killing that I haven't dared start watching Borgen as I'm sure once I start it will lead to hours slumped in front of iPlayer. Like the jumpers though.

gracesmum Fri 20-Jan-12 19:00:52

I am loving "Borgen" - catching up on BBCiPlayer and have realised what the new "kniitwear" is: -

Cofee and cookies! No wonder Birgitte complains about having a problem with her weight ! smile