Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What television programmes do you like watching with your grandchildren?

(31 Posts)
Mamie Thu 20-Sep-12 08:00:25

With the little ones we love; In the Night Garden, The Little Princess, Charlie and Lola, Baby Jake (favourite of our grandaughter in Spain) and Wonderpets (love the operatic music). With the older ones we like Tracy Beaker (in small doses) and we all love Horrible Histories.
What do other grandparents enjoy?

Deedaa Sat 15-Dec-12 22:19:43

I'd forgotten Me Too - we used to find it fun but I always wondered why Granny appeared to be about 25?As GS thought all grown ups were about 90 I don't suppose he cared .

CHEELU Fri 14-Dec-12 23:07:22

My Grandson likes watching ME TOO its about a Kind Scotish Childminder. But I am with you Deedaa Justin Fletcher is brilliant.

Deedaa Fri 14-Dec-12 23:02:39

Anything with Justin Fletcher was always good, In The Nightgarden and Show Me Show me. Now he's older he like Spongebob Squarepants but I prefer Kungfu Panda grin

annodomini Fri 14-Dec-12 13:39:12

Mine are at the stage of enjoying Horrible Histories and Deadly 60. The former is hilarious and the latter informative. I'm with the kids on these.

feetlebaum Fri 14-Dec-12 12:33:35

I don't have any grandchildren, but I sometimes enjoy a punt through the kiddy channels, to see what is being done well... Shaun the Sheep is magnificent! I also liked Pocoyo, The Back Yardigans and Lazytown.

The cartoon shows Ren & Stimpy (1st season only) and Cow & Chicken should appeal to nippers at the 'gross' stage (and the voice work of Charley Adler is amazing).

Nonu Fri 14-Dec-12 11:10:44

I like watching CBB"S with them . grin

Jacki11 Fri 14-Dec-12 10:31:40

Mr Bean but i have no grandson because i just 23 now.

tattynan Mon 24-Sep-12 21:28:40

My grandson loves Aunty Mabel and Pippin on Come outside.He also likes Dip Dap and likes mimicing the voice that says dip dap.It's so cute when he does that.If you have the internet here are 2 great websites to share with your grandchildren - Oxford owls site has the oxford reading tree books online as e books free to share with your children and itv sighed stories has many popular childrens books with animations and words on screen and a sighner for children to share the stories if they need one.Check them out.

justrolljanet Sun 23-Sep-12 15:34:54

My 15 month old grandaughter loves Waybuloo and tries to do the yoga moves, so sweet, she also blows kisses to the children on Baby Jake.

annodomini Sat 22-Sep-12 21:07:55

All my grandchildren have now 'discovered' The Simpsons. GS1, aged 8, could, I fear, answer Mastermind questions on them. The great thing about The Simpsons is that it works on several different levels for children and grown-ups.

SJP Sat 22-Sep-12 20:46:12

My grandchildren 4 & 6 like watching clips on Youtube - especially the Muppets mana mana song and Bohemian Rhapsody. Both used to like in the Night Garden and Peppa pig, Charlie and Lola. Also they like Tom and Jerry (old cartoons) bugs bunnt and some the the game shows on Challenge. Oh and Balamory

Dancinggran Fri 21-Sep-12 18:57:57

My younger grandchildren aged 2 & 3 love Mr Tumble and Mama Mirabelle.

The older ones aged 6 & 8 enjoy Art Attack and Horrible Histories although the 8 year old always asks to watch The Chase - and usually does really well with the questions.

Notsogrand Fri 21-Sep-12 06:48:06

My 2 GSs would watch Shaun the Sheep on a continuous loop if allowed to. Scooby Doo is another favourite and Ooglies which I also love, it's so clever.

G ranny23 I agree with you about Mr Tumble. Yeuk.

PoppaRob Fri 21-Sep-12 01:31:48

Shaun The Sheep is my favourite! My 3 1/2 year old GD used to love Night Garden but now she finds some of the characters a bit scary. We always watch Mike The Knight and Chuggington together.

The expression "Oh bumpers!" is a great substitute for my usual "Oh bugger!" smile

Granny23 Thu 20-Sep-12 23:53:37

I do miss the night garden, knew most of it off by heart after 4/5 years of watching with successive DGC. I could not, however, stand Mr Tumble - he always gave me the creeps.

vampirequeen Thu 20-Sep-12 19:37:42

I like Gigglebitz, Mr Tumble and Art Attack.

artygran Thu 20-Sep-12 19:24:46

Our five year old loves Shaun the Sheep. It's his early morning treat when he stays here. He also likes Total Wipeout which we watch and then we build wipeout courses for his action men! He also likes Noggin the Nog but we only have four on tape and we have watched them to death!

Mamie Thu 20-Sep-12 10:46:37

Oh Pingu is wonderful. I always get the DVD out for visiting French toddlers.

glitabo Thu 20-Sep-12 10:44:15

I forgot to mention her favourite Come outside. She loves Pippin.
smile

glitabo Thu 20-Sep-12 10:39:44

In the night garden and Baby Jake with my 2 year old GD but she also likes Bob the Builder and Pingu from Netflix.

Mamie Thu 20-Sep-12 10:16:53

I hate Brum and Balamory gives me the pip.
The DGs say "we are not allowed to watch Disney while Grampsie is here".

Lilygran Thu 20-Sep-12 10:14:06

Greatnan smile

Greatnan Thu 20-Sep-12 09:51:28

Nor me, Lily!

Lilygran Thu 20-Sep-12 09:46:28

NOT Horrid Henry! Roy, Grandfather in my pocket, Dr Who. They are all too old now for In the Night Garden. I'm not!

tanith Thu 20-Sep-12 09:00:47

All but one of my grandchildren are grown up now with the only one left that likes to watch tv with me she is 7 and a staunch Dr.Who fan loves old Star Wars DVD's and Tom and Jerry.. grin