Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Mr Selfridge

(8 Posts)
Ana Sun 06-Jan-13 22:52:08

I didn't expect to like Mr Selfridge, but found myself drawn in - I'll be watching the next episode.

Soupy Sun 06-Jan-13 22:51:44

Started watching it but found it slow and boring so switched off.

Ella46 Sun 06-Jan-13 22:49:26

I watched the second Ripper Streets, and it was quite good after last weeks mumbled episode.

glassortwo Sun 06-Jan-13 22:31:47

I am watching it now, will let you know when I have seen it all, fast forwarding through all the adverts.

yogagran Sun 06-Jan-13 22:29:44

I've set the machine to record this so that I can zip through the adverts. BUT if Ariadne says that its slow, I'm not sure if I will bother now... It goes on for ten weeks too, perhaps I don't have the staying power hmm

Nelliemoser Sun 06-Jan-13 22:17:52

I got bored and gave up. I don't quite know why I didn't engage with it. I fear it is going to be the usual pleasant, but nondescript sunday evening drama.

merlotgran Sun 06-Jan-13 22:11:08

We're watching The Iron Lady on Channel 4. Painfully slow at the beginning but picking up now. Wasn't sure about watching another drama about a department store after The Paradise, which I lost interest in after a while but I can always catch the first episode on iPlayer.

Ariadne Sun 06-Jan-13 22:03:05

Am finding this quite slow going. Anyone else watching it. And the adverts are such a nuisance!