Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Andrew Lloyd Webber, 40 Musical Years

(7 Posts)
gracesmum Mon 01-Apr-13 16:11:14

It's called "You, too, can write a great West End Score - steal it from somebody else" - how many can you spot? grin

youtu.be/Yz1IDmmcetQ

gracesmum Mon 01-Apr-13 15:59:17

Oh dear - maybe I should have watched it but I cannot get over the fact that Lloyd Webber'smusic is so unoriginal. Kit and The Widow once did a very funny cabaret number in which they identified all of his best-known tunes as coming from classical music- yes he has some good tunes - but they are mostly somebody else's. sad

numberplease Mon 01-Apr-13 15:50:05

And Andrew Lloyd Webber came over as much more human and humerous than I`ve ever given him credit for, seems a very nice man. Hard to believe that he was only 20 when he wrote the music for Jesus Christ, Superstar!

LullyDully Mon 01-Apr-13 10:52:29

Don't cry for me Argentina gave me goose bumps. She would make a good Evita.

worlie Mon 01-Apr-13 10:13:01

it was so nice to finaly have something worth watching instead of the normal rubbish that is on offer, lets hope we get more programmes like this.

Ella46 Sun 31-Mar-13 23:13:34

I agree number, it was a great show, I would have enjoyed hearing more. I wonder if that was just part of the evening and we may get more at a later date.

And Yes, Nicole whatsit has a wonderful voice!

numberplease Sun 31-Mar-13 20:59:23

What a wonderful show! Only one complaint, it wasn`t long enough, they could easily have filled 2 hours, maybe more. I love this man`s music, and am also quite fond of Michael Ball, who presented it. Was very surprised to find that Nicole Schertzinger(sp) has such a great singing voice, she was wasted in Pussycat Dolls.