Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Off Their Rockers

(8 Posts)
shysal Tue 09-Apr-13 19:45:22

I have just watched my recording of this programme from Sunday. It is a hidden-camera show in which senior citizens play pranks on the public. I was not expecting to enjoy it, but have been laughing out loud. Did anyone else watch it, and what did you think?

Sbagran Tue 09-Apr-13 22:18:16

Like you Shysal I was sceptical but was pleasantly surprised! One thing that struck me was the willingness of young people to help in the majority of scenarios. Yes, they had fits of giggles when the 'oldie' walked away but, face to face at the time of the various requests for help, the youngsters were brilliant.
Whether or not we will tire of the programme remains to be seen - I used to enjoy 'You've been framed' and similar programmes but perhaps it is due to them being overdone nowadays I find them so predictable and staged that I don't bother watching.

Ella46 Wed 10-Apr-13 08:09:42

I didn't fancy this but saw the last 10 minutes, and I thought it was good.
Young people seemed to come across really well.

No annoying 'voice-overs' either.

Bags Wed 10-Apr-13 09:10:30

Why is anyone surprised that young people are nice? If we are nice and have brought them up..... confused

shysal Wed 10-Apr-13 10:56:54

Did anyone say they were surprised Bags? It was just nice to see.

Bags Wed 10-Apr-13 11:09:48

I just thought no one would mention it if they didn't expect anything else. And, after all, there is no reason to expect anything else – young people as a group will be the same as any other group, on average.

One poster was "struck" by the young people's helpfulness. That suggests an element of surprise to me. I'd be pleased to see it but it wouldn't 'strike' me as unusual or not to be expected.

shysal Wed 10-Apr-13 12:24:12

I know you don't watch TV Bags, but the situations the victims found themselves in required extra special patience and helpfulness. The people just happened to be young, but whatever their age they could have been forgiven for walking away from some ridiculous scenarios.
The scenes which involved mobility scooters made me wonder whether Galen was watching. It was great to see older people doing and saying funny things!

Bags Wed 10-Apr-13 12:33:52

It's always great to see people doing and saying funny things smile