Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Claudia Winkleman

(18 Posts)
Ana Tue 23-Apr-13 22:10:17

I was so pleased Ann won! Was rather worried they might think she was too experienced - but the quality of her work proved her a worthy winner.

Claudia Winkleman's fringe is a bit of a mystery - the length of it seemed to vary tonight between shots....confused

Forzanonna Tue 23-Apr-13 21:21:48

I remember wanting hair like Cathy McGowan but had wavy, curly stuff instead!! thank heavens for straighteners! But yes I do find the fringe a bit annoying.

Gally Tue 23-Apr-13 21:17:58

Se deserved to win. Loved it! Wish I could even thread a needle wink

whenim64 Tue 23-Apr-13 21:08:02

Wow, did you see the Sewing Bee final? Ann was such a worthy winner - she's 81, her sewing was exquisite. I loved the men's linen shirt she made. Such a stylish, elegant woman.

NannaB Wed 17-Apr-13 09:23:06

I think she is funny and like her lots. OH thinks she is very attractive.

kittylester Wed 17-Apr-13 08:31:05

I thought I was the only person who likes her. I even enjoy it when she replaces the lovely Ken Bruce. smile

gracesmum Tue 16-Apr-13 22:50:04

I like her - a total fruitcake but endearing with it, I think

laidback Tue 16-Apr-13 20:30:45

Wow, watching sewing bee, lovely winklewoman needs to ease up on the fake tan, she is a peculiar shade of bright orange! grin

GillieB Fri 12-Apr-13 13:56:39

I am not surprised to read that most of you are also irritated by her appearance - it is a very weird look which she cultivates. (And I include some of her clothes in that).

laidback Thu 11-Apr-13 21:34:52

I like the Winklewoman. I don't know why she squints though, she was blind as a bat but has had corrective eye surgery.Maybe its habit. Her physicality is a bit strange, sometimes she hops about like a small child that needs a pee! [Grin]

Notso Thu 11-Apr-13 21:15:29

I love her weird sense of humour!

Would give my eye teeth to have my hair that thick and glossy again.

Oh, hang on! Don't have eye teeth any more! grin

Deedaa Thu 11-Apr-13 21:09:13

She's living with Michael Ball which has always seemed a bit unlikely to me. He's a lovely chap, but not exactly Rock and Roll smile I spent most of the late 60's wearing the same clothes and hair as her.
Going back to Claudia, I have to admit to warming to her a bit now she's doing the Great British Sewing Bee. She doesn't seem to be quite so annoyingly manic. But I'd still love to take a pair of scissors to that fringe!!!

Eloethan Thu 11-Apr-13 18:47:51

What has Cathy McGowan been on lately? I used to love Ready Steady Go.

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 18:21:05

I would love to have that lovely glossy (dyed?? Miaow) hair too glammanana but that fringe would drive me potty.

Gally Thu 11-Apr-13 18:16:02

Cathy McGowan still has 'curtains' shock

glammanana Thu 11-Apr-13 18:08:51

Whilst I do agree the fringe is a bit too long I wish I had such thick and glossy locks instead of the loads and loads of fine hair that I am blessed with,I remember my hair cut like hers in the 60's a copy of Cathy McGowan of Ready Steady Go fame (think that is the programme may be wrong) my dad always said I resembled a Old English Sheepdog.

shysal Thu 11-Apr-13 16:23:57

Yes, I always want to shout 'get your fringe cut'! It would irritate me no end if I had hair in my eyes.

petra Thu 11-Apr-13 14:14:59

Thank God someone has voiced what I have been thinking for years.
On Loose Women today there was a headline asking: is this the most irritating hairstyle on TV. My response: YES IT IS. And why doesn't she wear contacts. Does she think that squinting at the camera is a good look.