Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Andrew Marr

(7 Posts)
Gally Sun 14-Apr-13 10:33:43

I've just been watching Andrew Marr making a guest appearance on his own show on BBC2. His first 'public' appearance since he suffered a serious stroke in January. It's good to see he is doing well and on the road to recovery smile

Charleygirl Sun 14-Apr-13 12:02:52

I agree, it was good to see him appear on his own show. He was very candid about what had happened to him but he now appears to be on the long road to recovery.

POGS Sun 14-Apr-13 14:45:24

It was nice to see him back.

What irony that he suffered because of strenuous excercise. I was saddend to hear him say he has walking problems but as he said he is very lucky not to have had his speech and mind affected.

I prefer his style of interviewing and will be glad when he returns but I do wish the show returned to more politics rather than show business, there's enough of that elsewhere.

Deedaa Sun 14-Apr-13 21:12:22

I was pleased to see him this morning. I've always enjoyed his show. I do agree about the show business angle POGS They have an awful tendency to finish up with a fairly bad live performance while all the guests have to look as if they know or care who is performing. It never encourages me to find out more about the performers (usually the opposite) and I would find "Goodbye" a perfectly acceptable way to close the show.

POGS Sun 14-Apr-13 21:52:02

Deeda

That's why I tape it now and fast forward. I agree with yout Goodbye sufficient to end the show.

The spectacle of seeing somebody like Ed Balls or Polly Toynbee or GIDEON trying to nod along as though they are enjoying themselves when all they want to do is knife each other is cringe worthy. grin

absent Mon 15-Apr-13 07:39:19

I wish Andrew Marr well but I keep remembering how, following Mr absent's stroke, I was so pleased that he had no speech or memory problems although he had (and continues to have) mobility problems. However, it gradually became apparent that he had undergone quite a dramatic change of personality and can sometimes seem like a complete stranger.

BAnanas Mon 15-Apr-13 13:17:14

I gather he was over doing his fitness regime. A friend of mine who is a keen runner often saw him doing the same in Richmond Park. Originally it was reported that he had a minor stroke but it seems it was more serious than first reported. Hopefully he will make a full recovery in time.