Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Off Their Rockers

(11 Posts)
kittylester Mon 22-Apr-13 17:24:23

We watched 'Off Their Rockers' once and quite enjoyed it - started to watch it again and switched back to 'Countryfile' grin

I just loved 'Butterflies' - so cleverly written.

annodomini Mon 22-Apr-13 09:48:24

Butterflies had a perfectly matched cast. I don't think Wendy Craig has ever been better. My Family, which had the same basic scenario but was only good in parts, even down to the husband being a dentist - the wonderful Robert Lindsay. It was never quite the same after Kris Marshall, the totally feckless elder son left the series to spread his wings.

cathy Mon 22-Apr-13 08:34:06

when we have similar tastes. I have Butterflies on my saved programmes and love it, but its a very different world that we live in now isn't it sad

PS I also love Only Fools and Horses and always watch it if I need cheering up smile

Ana Sun 21-Apr-13 22:59:44

And her boys and her husband just resignedly accepting that all her culinary offerings were bound to be disasters - they were all wonderful! Even though I was much younger then, I really felt for her husband as he faced his own 'is this all there is?' moments...

whenim64 Sun 21-Apr-13 22:49:26

.....especially Ria's awful cooking - her almost solid gravy gathering momentum as she coerced it out of the jug onto something unidentifiable grin

Ana Sun 21-Apr-13 22:45:38

Oh yes, Butterflies...humour, pathos, everyday situations which ordinary people could identify with - those were the days! grin

whenim64 Sun 21-Apr-13 22:24:21

Ana I despair. It's time we had some good sitcoms like Butterflies or Only Fools and Horses, which I've been watching again recently. Still funny grin

Ana Sun 21-Apr-13 22:09:29

I agree, when - the 'humour' is very weak.
Not sure about Vicious though - the trailers seem to indicate male bitchiness is its main claim to comedy drama.

whenim64 Sun 21-Apr-13 21:40:29

Oh dear - I watched it for the first time tonight because friends told me how funny it is. I don't like it at all. I love comedy, but hate to see how elderly people are portrayed in this. I'm looking forward to seeing the new sitcom called Vicious which is due to start soon. That looks quite witty.

Nonu Sun 21-Apr-13 21:04:35

Cathy we watched that and it sooo funny .

moon

cathy Sun 21-Apr-13 21:00:57

Oh my word this is so hilariously weird.

Its a TV programme on ITV about OAP's pranking people