Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Mr Whicher 2

(9 Posts)
goldengirl Tue 14-May-13 12:40:42

Absolutely busting with pride! My little grandson was 'Baby Stephen' in this 2 hour detective drama and when my daughter took up an invitation to be his wet nurse in the convent scene I went along as the baby's chaperone for a day at the location [My daughter was the official chaperone but obviously couldn't do both]. It was such fun - even though I was, I think, the oldest person there!!!! It took me back to my own TV days - though things have changed dramatically. My daughter's hair had been curled and in spite of being sprayed with 'mud' and in drab clothes I thought she looked lovely. It was bitterly cold being in January and she was given leggings to wear under her dress. The baby wore a plain baby gro under his outfits [he had 2, an 'old' one and a 'posh' one] and was well wrapped up in blanket. He was so well behaved. Olivia Colman [our latest Treasure and BAFTA x 2 winner] was his 'grandma'!! grin

grannyactivist Tue 14-May-13 13:12:57

Wow! What an exciting adventure. I watched this programme on iPlayer and I did actually comment on the beautiful baby - such lovely skin. I'd have been even more gushing if I'd known he was 'one of ours', so perhaps it's as well that I didn't. smile

HildaW Tue 14-May-13 13:32:34

Gosh Goldengirl, what a lovely thing for your whole family. It was a nice bit of TV, not too gory for a change! You will be able to play it to him when he is a little older!

Tegan Tue 14-May-13 13:46:46

Yes; I like to think I discovered Olivia before the media did [has anyone seen her in Tyrannosaur, one of the best films of a couple of years back?]. Was surprised to see Paddy Considine acting again as thought he was just directing these days so had to watch the programme on Sunday night. Olivia had said in a tv interview how cold it was filming and how many layers they had to wear. Like grannyactivist I wish I'd known it was a 'gransnet' baby. I, too, was rather taken with him [and I have to admit to not being all that baby minded if it isn't one of my own]. I want to watch it again now but not sure if I can get the ITV iplayer [my bbc one works now but I can't seem to watch Ch4 replays]. How exciting.

Grannyeggs Tue 14-May-13 14:03:28

How lovely Golden I must watch it on catch up.

ninathenana Tue 14-May-13 15:25:03

Wow how wonderful. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed the programme.

Marelli Tue 14-May-13 15:55:05

I really enjoyed the programme, goldengirl - I'm going to watch it again now, on i-Player! smile

goldengirl Tue 14-May-13 16:28:32

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. The baby is now almost 6 months old and is a perky little chappy. One of the newspaper magazines did an interview with Olivia Colman and she said that 'working' with the baby made her broody!!!! Needless to say we are keeping such articles and reviews etc for his 'special box' to look at when he's older. I also took photos when I went on location on his behalf as did his mum. I wonder what he'll think of it all!

Charleygirl Tue 14-May-13 20:48:32

I loved the baby also, a handsome young fellow, but I am afraid that I did not enjoy the programme.