Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Love and Marriage ITV 9pm Weds

(13 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 06-Jun-13 22:12:56

Marrelli I felt straight away that a number of quite recent GN posters could identify with a lot of the scenarios described. I think this will be good fun.

Marelli Thu 06-Jun-13 21:42:09

I liked it, too. I could identify with a few of the scenes hmm. Alison Steadman is so good at portraying the ordinary woman.

Babs1952 Thu 06-Jun-13 21:17:41

I had a call in the middle of the program but watched the rest on catch up so I must have been impressed! Alison Steadman is always great to watch and the story line seems promising.

I also liked "Last tango in Halifax" I'm sure I read they were making another series. Anyone heard any thing?

Ella46 Thu 06-Jun-13 20:59:24

Yes, especially the idiot wanting money, he really got up my nose!

Ana Thu 06-Jun-13 19:26:51

Sorry, there shouldn't be an 'are' in there!

Ana Thu 06-Jun-13 19:26:13

I agree with Ella, the first episode was a bit predictable, but it looks as though it'll get better. I found the 'children' are remarkably irritating! hmm

Anne09 Thu 06-Jun-13 19:17:39

I really enjoyed it. Bet a lot of families in same situation. Not bad for a drama looking forward to next episode.

BAnanas Thu 06-Jun-13 16:24:39

Really like Alison Steadman, both her and Sue Johnson are great character actresses always good to watch.

shysal Thu 06-Jun-13 08:31:46

I watch very little TV drama, but enjoyed the first episode, and look forward to the remainder of the series.

One of my guilty pleasures is Big Brother, looking forward to this summer's which launches next week. blush

mollie Thu 06-Jun-13 08:03:47

I've got this lined up for when OH isn't about and I can watch in peace. Isn't this just the scenario that Penelope Keith claimed is causing the housing crisis? Flighty older women wanting their freedom? I'm looking forward to it...

Alison Steadman is always good value and worth watching, isn't she...

Ella46 Thu 06-Jun-13 07:53:43

hmm It was all a bit predictable, but better than the usual rubbish we get in the summer.
I love Alison Steadman though.

Greatnan Thu 06-Jun-13 05:59:56

She is such a good actress, and she had strong support too. It made me very glad to be single!

Nelliemoser Wed 05-Jun-13 23:13:13

I have just watched the first episode of this series with Alison Steadman as a woman who has had enough of her grown up family and their constant demands on her.
At the end of series one she has just walked out on them all. (That's as per the trailers so it not spoiling anything.
This looks as if it its going to be a Must Watch series.