Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I'm a Celebrity...

(20 Posts)
Tegan Sat 23-Nov-13 10:57:43

Is anyone watching it? Apart form sometimes getting fixated with Big Brother I don't usually watch this sort of thing, but I caught it whilst channel hopping last night and have to say I found it really entertaining, with the two new people particularly funny [someone from Strictly and Annabel something or other that used to be on the telly a lot]. Along with having Matthew Wright on it it seems to be a good mix of people [I don't like the creepy crawlies, though shock].

Lona Sat 23-Nov-13 11:39:01

I must admit Tegan that I love this programme. It's the only reality one that I watch, and it's always funny.

The best laugh ever in my life was when Paul Burrell was on it!

Eloethan Sat 23-Nov-13 11:45:32

I liked it at the very start because I thought it was interesting and entertaining to watch how people got along and adapted (or not) to their surroundings and to one another. I also found that the majority of participants (whatever negative feelings I'd previously had about them) turned out to be reasonably nice, which I thought was quite a positive thing.

I haven't watched it for years because the trials they had to do became more and more unpleasant and, I thought, rather sadistic.

Ana Sat 23-Nov-13 11:47:56

I've been watching it on and off this year and I don't know if it's just me, but the trials actually seem much easier than previous ones.

shysal Sat 23-Nov-13 11:48:03

Yes , I love it too. I have bought some bush tucker from Amazon for Christmas stocking fillers for the GCs. There is no really annoying contestant this year -yet!

glammanana Sat 23-Nov-13 12:24:13

I love it and have been watching since day 1,I do think things will hot up a wee bit once Annabelle Giles finds her feet and that there may be "discussions" between her and "Mo" from Eastenders and possibly Matthew Wright as he is very forthright in his outlook on things,Joey Essex is hilarious and the complete joker of the camp I class it as my secret pleasure and look forward to the show and the trials the campers are set.

Tegan Sat 23-Nov-13 12:56:21

I've always tended to think of it as a benefit programme for celebrities that are no longer in the limelight but Annabel and The Dancer were so funny last night. I can't wait to see how she gets on with the other lot. Oh; also caught the tail end of HIGNFY and the gransnet 'baddie of the moment' [boo hiss] was on; Janet Street Porter. The S.O. tells me that someone gave her quite a hard time on it, so I need to watch the repeat [boo hiss].

whenim64 Sat 23-Nov-13 12:56:21

I love it, too, especially when Ant and Dec are on. Can't stand to watch them eating and drinking the strange animal bits, but I'm fascinated with the unlikely pairings and the dynamics of the camp. I can still cry laughing about Paul Burrell grin

Penstemmon Sat 23-Nov-13 13:40:11

I have seen an episode or two when it first came out but have not watched a series or anything in the last few years. I am not a big fan of the 'reality' type shows though I have watched more of the baking/ chef shows which are less about making people look like idiots. However I am irritated by the mock 'suspense' editing that occurs in them. Treat me like a grown up!

Lona Sat 23-Nov-13 13:59:15

when I think Ant and Dec are the best thing about it, they are so funny and remind me a bit of Morecambe and Wise on a good day!

Charleygirl Sat 23-Nov-13 14:02:56

I would rather watch paint dry. I have not seen it for years and intend to keep it that way.

ninathenana Sat 23-Nov-13 14:07:23

Hate everything about it !

Nelliemoser Sat 23-Nov-13 14:18:59

CBA! I cannot see the point I am so uninterested in celebrities. I have never heard of most of them.
Just not with it me!

whenim64 Sat 23-Nov-13 14:59:27

It's not about the slebs for me. I like the fun of it, and yes, I also think Ant and Dec are as good as Morecambe and Wise. I laughed myself silly last night when Matthew and Kian were digging for the dingo dollars and traded them in for a plate of crisps. They all got a couple each for all that effort grin

Kiora Sat 23-Nov-13 15:49:12

I'v never watched it. But I did watch big brother in its heyday. It's sounds daft but it sort of helped to cement my relationship with my D.I.L it gave us something to gossip about. It is fascinating to watch how groups form and interact and cope with each other and events.

soop Sat 23-Nov-13 16:33:59

Nellie ditto!

soop Sat 23-Nov-13 16:40:08

As I walked past the magazine display in Tesco and saw the so-called "celebs" gawping from the covers, I thought to myself...*^*%#'@**...or words to that effect. What I want to know is...what are they for? All replies in code on a postcard please.

annodomini Sat 23-Nov-13 16:49:38

I've seen the names of the so-called 'celebrities' involved in the latest series and very few could I recognise. No, I'm not interested in watching nonentities being forced to swallow creepy crawlies or a kangaroo's testicles.

henetha Sat 23-Nov-13 16:58:29

Must admit that I find it massively entertaining, and Ant and Dec are so funny!

tanith Sat 23-Nov-13 19:28:22

Ok so its mostly rubbish but something that makes me laugh this much must be good for me... I'll be watching..