Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Death In Paradise

(19 Posts)
rosesarered Thu 16-Jan-14 17:15:14

watched the first episode last night with Kriss Marshall , thought he was very good in it, BUT was shocked by them killing off [literally] the previous actor in the part!

kittylester Thu 16-Jan-14 17:17:20

But he's on stage at the moment! I thought it was good too. smile

rosesarered Thu 16-Jan-14 17:19:53

didn't mean literally as in real life! LOL

sunseeker Thu 16-Jan-14 17:20:54

Enjoyed it even if I did guess "who-done-it" half way through. Also thought it was obvious his wife would not be joining him!

annodomini Thu 16-Jan-14 17:21:14

Kriss Marshall's character is a nice contrast with Ben Miller's.

merlotgran Thu 16-Jan-14 17:21:39

I will miss Ben Miller but Kris Marshall should be OK.

rosesarered Thu 16-Jan-14 17:34:52

Sunseeker yes I guessed like you who dunnit, also that his wife would not be joining him, that was obvious to all [except Kriss Marshall's character] I bet even the lizard knew! grin

Deedaa Thu 16-Jan-14 22:24:48

I'm really going to miss Ben Miller, but I'm glad the lizard is still around!

annodomini Thu 16-Jan-14 23:07:07

Kriss is going to need the lizard for company.

LizG Thu 16-Jan-14 23:48:27

Ben Miller will be a hard act to follow but if anyone can do it Kriss can.

papaoscar Fri 17-Jan-14 23:19:15

I have a feeling that the interplay between Kriss's character and that of the lady Detective Sergeant will be a very interesting one. Perhaps that irritating know-all lady from the BT ads in the old days will turn up on the beach with the kids? Still, I like it, its bright, sunny and livens up those dreary old winter evenings!

goldengirl Sat 18-Jan-14 17:43:01

I watched it and thought it a bit 'Agatha Christie' ie rather genteel. Perhaps I've been watching too much of the hard stuff. I thought it was a comedy at first not having seen the previous series.

Ana Sat 18-Jan-14 17:45:50

I liked Ben Miller, his character was quirky and sometimes a bit irritating - I hope Kriss Marshall isn't going to be too bland.

Aka Sat 18-Jan-14 17:55:18

I spent the first two weeks of the first series thinking it was Rob Brydon in the lead role !

Ana Sat 18-Jan-14 18:22:11

They were both on QI not long ago, talking about how often they are mistaken for each other. Rob Brydon was very funny - he's such a good mimic and had Ben Miller's voice and mannerisms down to a tee (or should that be 'T'?)!

rosesarered Wed 22-Jan-14 10:47:42

Watched the second episode last night, and it was ok, but no more than that.Everyone in it always gives a good performance, the location is lovely, and although I like Kriss Marshall, think that if he falls over something one more time I may scream.

sunseeker Wed 22-Jan-14 11:16:30

Missed it last night so will watch it on catch up when I have time (Rayburn engineer due at any minute so can't watch it now!)

nigglynellie Wed 22-Jan-14 14:06:15

I do like Death in Paradise, although I think the storyline is a bit weak!! However, the characters and he scenery are/is brilliant, so a 'must' in our house!

margaretm74 Wed 22-Jan-14 19:24:06

Worked out whodunnit way before he did, so script is not as good as it used to be. Perhaps they should send me out there to help him! Good luck to him though, hope he makes a success of it. I think Ben Miller didn't want to do another series as he missed his family too much.