Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Michael McKintyre chat show

(11 Posts)
specki4eyes Wed 19-Mar-14 18:52:20

I've just seen a report in the Mail (ok, large pinch of salt) that says that this show is terrible. Well, I watched it and was thoroughly entertained, amused and just thrilled that at last there is a chat show that is not the usual sycophantic rubbish or about people promoting their latest books. For once, I warmed to Jeremy Clarkson, wanted to adopt Abbey Clancy and as for Sir David Jason - what a fascinating insight into his career and the way he approaches characterisation. What's not to like?

papaoscar Wed 19-Mar-14 19:04:33

All in favour? Aye! Those against?...

Grannyknot Wed 19-Mar-14 19:31:20

I find MM extremely Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ...on television.

Not heard the chat show though.

Gally Wed 19-Mar-14 19:55:42

On a chat show you chat with people not at them. He tends to find himself very funny and doesn't give long enough chat time to each of his guests. That's probably the fault of the producer not the interviewer. I won't be watching again

judidoo Wed 19-Mar-14 20:29:10

Gally I agree. Don't think he can do without his helping of audience approval.
It certainly is different as a chat show but I've just cancelled my recording of the series.

HollyDaze Thu 20-Mar-14 14:47:34

It must be a comedian thing then because Frank Skinner has ruined Room 101 in the way described above - when Paul Merton presented it, the guests seemed to have loads of time to talk about their pet peeves (which was usually quite amusing), now it's just Skinner's puerile humour.

Maybe comedians are not good at fronting programmes?

KatyK Thu 20-Mar-14 14:56:33

My DH won't watch chat shows of any description. He hasn't watched one since good old Parky. If I want to see one I have to record it. Holly I agree re Room 101. I used to love it with Paul Merton and just one guest. I don't like this new format.

Nonu Thu 20-Mar-14 15:02:13

Mind you FS is so up his own ----e , not really surprised !
wink

ninathenana Thu 20-Mar-14 15:33:01

DD and I both love 'Micky Mac' doing stand up but the chat show was dire.

specki4eyes Thu 20-Mar-14 17:59:18

Oh ..ok then, but I liked it. I agree about Room 101 though - Frank Skinner is funny but this show is so formulaic now.

henetha Thu 20-Mar-14 18:41:02

I love the Michael M new chat show and completely agree with everything you say, specki4eyes. This week's was hilarious.
And, to be honest, I enjoy Frank Skinner.
Each to his own.