Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Mary, Mungo and Midge.

(7 Posts)
vampirequeen Sun 17-Aug-14 15:44:44

I loved the Woodentops.

When my girls were young I used to enjoy watching Mr Benn and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe with them.

Crow Sun 17-Aug-14 12:26:05

There weren't any televisions around when I was a young child. Well there were but only very very few folk had one.

ninathenana Sun 17-Aug-14 11:45:10

I think there was a thread about this a while ago.

I remember all the usual watch with mother programmes but have gone blank as to what I watched aged 8-11ish.
I have to smile when I see the current CBBC advert that includes Swap Shop. DH and I used to watch that over a leisurely breakfast on a Saturday morning when we were first married grin (1975-80)

rubylady Sun 17-Aug-14 11:14:25

I must add though Kitty, when I was watching Going Live, I was a grown up with a young child, still loved it though. Well, my daughter had to have company while she watched it, didn't she? grin

rubylady Sun 17-Aug-14 11:06:23

I'm a bit of a tweenie, too old for mumsnet (they all seem to have babies) and maybe for some things a little young for here, but I am a grandmother, so here I'll stay. But thanks for the compliment Kitty flowers

kittylester Sun 17-Aug-14 09:36:13

ruby, having just read your post on TV programmes you hated to miss and now this post, I've decided you are far too young to be on gn grin

rubylady Sun 17-Aug-14 09:23:43

I've just watched and episode of Mary, Mungo and Midge. I used to watch it all the time as a child along with Mr. Benn and Top Cat. I gave a little yippee when they pushed the lift button. Many memories. grin

What do you remember watching as a nipper?

flowers